B-side tour

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

B-side tour

Postby godannyboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 pm

hey boys, me again....

I've been following you all since the begining and since violator, I always come back with that idea....

did you ever thought doing a B-SIDE song tour ??? YOU HAVE SUCH GREAT SONGS THAT YOU NEVER PLAYED....

maybe think about that idea, I am sure the fans would appreciate...

:cool:
godannyboy

Postby theJave » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Wow that would be incredible!!! Could you imagine that??
theJave

Postby FastFashion90 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm

DUDE. GREAT. IDEA.

Unfortunately, if this ever were to occur, it would probably very short and in a few cities, wherever the majority of hardcore DM fans are (i.e. Los Angeles, Germany, etc.)
And when I squinted
The world seemed rose-tinted

FastFashion90

Postby FastFashion90 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Dingerz wrote:That's what planes are for! ..or airmiles.. ..or selling your firstborn.. Or even perhaps, a night of prostitution? How about eating a mix of very disgusting things your friends put together for some cash? Alright, I'll stop now. :P
Hahahahahah

This really needs to happen though. It would alleviate the disappointment and frustration I've been having in regards to the cancelled shows...you know, the ones that shouldn't have been cancelled in order to allow the rescheduling of others ;)
And when I squinted

FastFashion90

Postby tex » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:50 pm

I've never traveled outside of Dallas for a DM show, but I would for a b-sides tour. These set lists are almost predictable. I haven't seen the TOTU set lists, but I've heard that DM has added a few suprises. That's good, but to me, that's just not enough. I'm sure that the band would enjoy playing b-sides instead of PJ, IFY, WIMS, ETS, NLMDA, etc. over and over again.
tex
DMMB Survivor

Postby FastFashion90 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 pm

tex wrote:I haven't seen the TOTU set lists, but I've heard that DM has added a few suprises.

I'm sure that the band would enjoy playing b-sides instead of PJ, IFY, WIMS, ETS, NLMDA, etc. over and over again.
Yeah. The surprises are the new tracks on the new album.

But I agree, I think they only play PJ and IFY and WIMS and ETS and NLMDA and POT and WIME all the time because they want to reel in more people...the people who only know about their greatest (not all of these songs fall under my definition of great, however) hits and demand to hear all of them at their show.

I, however, want to hear Dangerous! Happiest Girl! Sea of Sin! Better Days, Newborn, Oh Well, GHOST!!! And Sibeling and Stjarna and In Your Memory and Fools and aaaaaaaaahhhh the list never ends. :D
And when I squinted

FastFashion90

Postby tex » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:14 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:Yeah. The surprises are the new tracks on the new album.

But I agree, I think they only play PJ and IFY and WIMS and ETS and NLMDA and POT and WIME all the time because they want to reel in more people...the people who only know about their greatest (not all of these songs fall under my definition of great, however) hits and demand to hear all of them at their show.

I, however, want to hear Dangerous! Happiest Girl! Sea of Sin! Better Days, Newborn, Oh Well, GHOST!!! And Sibeling and Stjarna and In Your Memory and Fools and aaaaaaaaahhhh the list never ends. :D

Even without seeing the set list, I know that Wrong and Peace are being played live just because they're the first two singles. So, right there, those two songs from SOTU lose the surprise element. I was told that that there was one song from Black Celebration that's being played live, and I couldn't believe that DM is playing it. That would've been a very nice surprise to hear live.

However, I get your point. Dangerous, HG, SOS, My Joy, Newborn, Free, etc. would be great to hear live. I don't know how I'd react to hearing the instrumental b-sides live. One or two might be fine, but I think that more than two would be overdoing it.

I know that other bands play full albums from start to finish live for one-off concerts. That'd be cool if DM would do something like that.
tex
DMMB Survivor

Postby acinommoni » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:17 pm

I don't like idea of a b-side tour. I agree that their b-sides songs are absolutely great, some of them are better than some album songs but it wouldn't be the same concert if they'd play only those tracks.
It would be awesome a mix.
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Next

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009