Rescheduled show in Bergen 28th of January 2010

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby msdm » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Bergen: speaking of afterparties, I have spent quite a few hours trawling the net trying to find some, but no luck. You know of any places that are planning something? Both Garage and Hulen (two very cool places) have other things in store. I just can´t belive that no clubs in Bergen have got their act together to arrange something.
...something that rings true...
msdm

Postby Misus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Bergen wrote:Hi

Thank you very much for directions! :)
Misus

Postby Told you so » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:40 am

msdm wrote:Puckern: we will be on the same train then!

Re getting to the venue: the arrangers are setting up special busses going from Bystasjonen (that is the bus station, which is right next to the railway station, and which is also where the airport busses stop) from 1600 and onwards. I presume these will drop us off at the venue itself. The hall itself is actually a sports arena, so I hope/believe they will have a wardrobe available, so that I can drop off my jacket there (not planning on standing still much!).

Re meeting up: I suggest meeting at Garage (Christies gate 14). It is really easy to get to from the railway station. Would 1400 be too early?

Checked with "Bergenlive". There will be no warerobe available this evening.
Told you so

Postby Bergen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Bergen wrote:I would suggest taking a bus from Fisketorget (the fish market), or more precisely on the other side of the road of Fisketorget.

Just to be more precise: when I say other side of the road I dont mean the roads on the side which you usually cross when entering Fisketorget. Just turn around with your back to the sea and Fisketorget and you see the bus stop on the other side of the road. Its just in front of a chinese restaurant and a pub called Torget Music Pub.
Bergen

Postby Bergen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 pm

msdm wrote:Bergen: speaking of afterparties, I have spent quite a few hours trawling the net trying to find some, but no luck. You know of any places that are planning something? Both Garage and Hulen (two very cool places) have other things in store. I just can´t belive that no clubs in Bergen have got their act together to arrange something.

No, Im sorry to say that I dont know of any afterparty beeing arranged. Im hoping for a pleasant surprise, that some lesser club sees the potensial in earning lots of money by inviting loads of DM-fans...:-) If I come across anything Ill post it here.

Hulen and Garage are great places. Spent a lot of time there in the nineties. But I dont think there will be any DM there at all. Both places have their own concerts on friday. Garage do have an upstair pub, but dont expect any DM. Hulen do have a disco after concerts. Maybe some DM here, but probably not.
Bergen

Postby Bergen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm

msdm wrote:So, Garage at 1400 it is then :D

The nearest bus stop from Garage is called Festplassen. Its just a couple of minutes walk away. Several of the buses going to Åsane Terminal stop at Festplassen. Maybe Ill meet up at Garage for a few beers myself:)

Bringing with me a big smile, lots of conversation and a bussrute. :D

What the hell is bussrute in english?? Bustimetable? :D
Bergen

Postby Elintjejkast » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Told you so wrote:Checked with "Bergenlive". There will be no warerobe available this evening.

Seriously?? It's in the middle of the winter!
I sometimes wish I was young in the 80's.
Elintjejkast

Postby Puckern » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:48 pm

msdm wrote:So, Garage at 1400 it is then :D

Deal, unless somebody comes up with a much better idea......:p
Puckern

Postby Bergen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Elintjejkast wrote:Seriously?? It's in the middle of the winter!

It will propably be cold inside Vestlandshallen too. If you plan on standing by the bar youll probably want to have that jacket on. But then again; by moving a lot in an intimate fashion you may want to loose some of the warmer clothes. Ive checked too, there will be no wardrobe available for anyone. It should have been really. But anyway, Vestlandshallen will be colder then youre used to indoor.
Bergen

Postby Elintjejkast » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Bergen wrote:It will propably be cold inside Vestlandshallen too. If you plan on standing by the bar youll probably want to have that jacket on. But then again; by moving a lot in an intimate fashion you may want to loose some of the warmer clothes. Ive checked too, there will be no wardrobe available for anyone. It should have been really. But anyway, Vestlandshallen will be colder then youre used to indoor.

OK, thanks! :D How cold is cold? 15 degrees C? Warmer? Not colder I hope. :o

Hm, this lack-of-wardrobe messes with my planning... but it will work eventually, I hope.

I can't believe it's just TWO FREAKING DAYS LEFT!! :D
I sometimes wish I was young in the 80's.
Elintjejkast

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009