3.7.09 Arvika, Sweden (spoilers)

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby Aphael » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Pilla wrote:I feel for all of you that are disappointed! I have seen DM live every time they have been in Sweden since 1993. When I heard about the show at Arvika, I quickly decided not to go there since I don't believe it's the same experience as an Arena show. Looks like I was right?!

I would argue that the feeling and the atmosphere was actually better than the average arena gig. Had the hardware worked I'm willing to bet they would have played their entire set and then it would have been one of the best shows I've ever seen. Right up there with the 1993 tour (which still reigns supreme as their best tour EVER! hehe). But then - I just love open-air shows for some reason. =)
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby Pilla » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Aphael wrote:I would argue that the feeling and the atmosphere was actually better than the average arena gig. Had the hardware worked I'm willing to bet they would have played their entire set and then it would have been one of the best shows I've ever seen. Right up there with the 1993 tour (which still reigns supreme as their best tour EVER! hehe). But then - I just love open-air shows for some reason. =)

I won't argue with you, I wasn't there, but still, I have heard a lot of people that were disappointed. I also love open air shows, the one at Stadion 2006 is hard to beat :)
Pilla

Postby Aphael » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Yeah, that one was great. =)
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby sudden » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Bugger, I felt cheated actually. I only went to Arvika for DM, a 12 hour round trip and a night in my car for a 105 minute show? That's not fair, I wanted MaS and Strangelove. If they needed to shorten the set why not take away NLMD or some other track they always play? Ok the show was great so I should be happy but still.....
sudden

Postby WayneUK » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Pilla wrote:the one at Stadion 2006 is hard to beat :)

Have to say, don't read that too often. Most people i know that went to that gig thought it was average.

Thats what I love about opinions ;-)
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

Postby Ringflower » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:44 pm

I have seen Depeche 12 times since 1993 mostly in Sweden. Stockholm, Stadion was the worst gig I have attended to. Arvika scores at about nr 5 :)
Ringflower
DMMB Veteran

Postby halodedm » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:54 pm

this tour will be remembered by many uncommon things..cancellations, remove fav songs (jezebel, in simphaty), shortened setlist...what else??
halodedm

Postby Pilla » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:54 pm

WayneUK wrote:Have to say, don't read that too often. Most people i know that went to that gig thought it was average.

Thats what I love about opinions ;-)

It's hard to please us all, right? I didnt say it was my favourite concert, I said I like outdoor shows and this was in July on my vacation AND I managed to get my husband to come along, and he is not a DM fan. Since 1993 was the first concert :) for me it will always be the most special! Looking forward to seeing them overseas though!
Pilla

Postby Aphael » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:51 pm

1993 was spectacular even for grizzled veterans like me hehe. By far their best effort in Stockholm I've ever seen and I've (brag brag brag lol) seen them all since the Construction Time Again tour. :p
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby WayneUK » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Pilla wrote:It's hard to please us all, right?

Indeed. It just makes a change to read something positive about that gig, as I don't read that many positive thoughts about it.
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009