3.7.09 Arvika, Sweden (spoilers)

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Disapointed,frustrated and pleased!

Postby Marcos » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:52 am

I was there in Arvika and went away disapointed and frustrated,as i have studied the setlists during the tour i was eager to hear Master and servant and Strange love. Because in the last tours that i have been too they havent played these songs.
Well the show started fine until it was Martins turn, i thougt to myself what will it be Martin? Little Soul or Jezebel or perhaps a suprise? The result only Home!
Then i knew something was wrong they wont play a whole show!
No Strange love No Master and Servant no Jezebel No Policy of truth No waiting for the night.
I felt robbed i only came to this festival for Depeche Mode. Since this is the only show in Sweden.
Sweden was one of the countries that first opend up for DM at and have supported DM with several number 1 records and sold out arenas. I think we deserve a full show! DM management should have booked Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg were all the big stars like U2 and Madonna play this summer.DM would easily have sold out the stadium!
I will never again go to see DM in a festival again it is not the same thing, especially when you dont get a whole setlist.
Well now i have bitched and moaned a bit. About the gig i saw it was good the whole band looked inspired Wrong sounded better live than on the cd. Fly on the windscreen,Comeback,Peace,Walking my shoes,Stripped,i feel you and actually Martins piano version of Home was the best. Home sounded better than i thought accoustic.
The crowd was crazy!!! Great atmosphere!
The only thing that dispointed me the whole evening was the short setlist! I hope it was the last time DM played in a festival in Sweden.
Marcos

Postby WayneUK » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:45 am

Lets hope the rumours of the three Swedish shows in January make up for it.
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

Postby depman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 am

WayneUK wrote:Lets hope the rumours of the three Swedish shows in January make up for it.

LOL.
You and your 2010 dates :D
DM Veteran.
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!!
COYS
depman

Postby EvilAngel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:02 pm

WayneUK wrote:Lets hope the rumours of the three Swedish shows in January make up for it.

3 shows in Januari? :eek: Where's that rumour coming from?
EvilAngel

Postby Aphael » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:55 am

I was a bit disappointed as well. Considering the technical issues they had toward the end (terrible feedback and a crackling hum like something wasn't grounded properly) I'm pretty sure they would have gone on if it hadn't been for that - festival or not.
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby msdm » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:06 am

Puh! Considering I am only two hours away from Arvika, and I couldn't be there due to other things, I am (in a weird way) happy you only got a shortened set list! That makes me very hopeful for shows later on in the tour, shows that I hopefully can attend.

I want more scandinavian shows!
...something that rings true...
msdm

Postby Aphael » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 am

Lol... You bastard! =)
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby Eastby91 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 pm

It was my first show with depeche mode ever, and since I am still a big fan of their music I am both very pleased and frustrated... Very pleased to have seen them live, it was a good show with good tracks and I have been waiting for this moment. But very frustrated because of the shortened set list of course. Whyy? Was it because it was a festival or because... something else? Since strangelove is one of my fav DM songs it was kind of a dissapointment. Even more if it will be some upcoming shows in januari that I havent been told about :(
Eastby91

Postby Aphael » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Not sure if they will come to Sweden but they do play in Bergen, Norway in January 2010. Hopefully a date or two for Sweden will come along.
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby Pilla » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:11 pm

I feel for all of you that are disappointed! I have seen DM live every time they have been in Sweden since 1993. When I heard about the show at Arvika, I quickly decided not to go there since I don't believe it's the same experience as an Arena show. Looks like I was right?!

I have tickets for London show that was supposed to be in May (rescheduled, when???) and Dublin show. Still hope there will be one more show for the Swedish fans. Eastby91, try to get tickets to a "real show"!!! You will not be disappointed!
Pilla

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009