Australia

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby madr0x » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:52 am

man if DM don't come here this time I'm gunna be soooo bummed. The sad fact is tho that unless the lable did some heavy promotion for the album I can't see them getting many people to the shows. I've never spoken to one person who has heard of the band, or if they have its "oh that just can't get enough song"
madr0x

Postby depecheaus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 am

Its time that Depeche Mode put the ghosts of the Devotional Tour in the past once and for all and put those ghosts to bed once and for all and get themselves back on track and come to Australia guys.
depecheaus
DMMB Veteran

Postby depecheaus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 am

You might be wondering why I said the above?.
The last time Depeche Mode were here in Australia was the exotic part of the Devotional Tour which was either 93 or 94.
depecheaus
DMMB Veteran

Postby Deprocyon » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:45 am

And to Aotearoa(NewZealand) as well PLEASE. eNZed has woken up to DM and Im not sneeringly called 'that Depeche Mode guy' any more. People com up to me and tell me how much they like this or that album, especially re Angel. People here have stopped fixating on the Rock-Dinasaur aspect of music from the past, and are firmly fixated on futuristic electronica. Fukk Tradition, Kudos to Innovation I say. Yes DM COME TO AUSTRALASIA.
,,,you're morally unwell...
Deprocyon

Postby bluedress74 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 am

newborn01 wrote:Don't worry, I have a show on community radio here in Sydney - 2RDJ 88.1FM - and I'll be plugging the new single and album aplenty!

That sounds great. :D Do you currently play DM songs? I think I may have listened to your station at some stage. Anways I suppose it is up to the guy's if they want to come. I'll be tuning in to 2RDJ to hear my favourite band never the less.

Thanks.:)
'the distance between dreams and reality is only measured by motivation...'
bluedress74
DMMB Survivor

Postby hollowpromises » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:42 am

Deprocyon wrote:And to Aotearoa(NewZealand) as well PLEASE. eNZed has woken up to DM and Im not sneeringly called 'that Depeche Mode guy' any more. People com up to me and tell me how much they like this or that album, especially re Angel. People here have stopped fixating on the Rock-Dinasaur aspect of music from the past, and are firmly fixated on futuristic electronica. Fukk Tradition, Kudos to Innovation I say. Yes DM COME TO AUSTRALASIA.

As DM have a history of being ironic/ ambiguous in their album titles then
'Tour of the Universe' would suggest they wouldn't be touring everywhere!

Therefore my guess would be Australasia, South Africa & South America will miss out again.
'I know, DMMB members are sick of complaining Australian fans'
hollowpromises

Postby chengdu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 pm

newborn01 wrote:Don't worry, I have a show on community radio here in Sydney - 2RDJ 88.1FM - and I'll be plugging the new single and album aplenty!

That's awesome!

Daniel
chengdu
DMMB Elder

Coming to Australia?

Postby Grant B » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 am

A Tour of the Universe wouldn't be complete without a stop in Australia. Granted, the music industry and general taste in music leaves a lot to be desired in this country, but DM has a large and very loyal fan base here. 16 years between concerts is far too long. DM music has evolved over nearly 30 years better than any other band. Please don't leave those of us in Australia, desperate to see you, waiting any longer to see you live again.
Grant B

I think we may b dreamin'

Postby Blizz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:51 am

Unless the boys do BDO 2010, I really can't see them coming this way...just sux tho, tix r so hard 2 come by. Currently considering going back home (Denmark) for the concert on June 30th & then do the Bergen (Norway) one on 2nd July.

Did PTA in 2006 - Nurmberg at Rock am Ring(Ger) & Bremen(Ger) & Arhus(DK)...if going so far to see them I figured I better get some value for my money!

Although it would b lovely to have them in OZ I can't imagine the response being anyway near what it is in Europe where they sell out in minutes!

But I'm with u all...send out positive vibes...really can't afford the trip this year....a little closer would b awesome.:D
Blizz

Postby yolly22 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 am

If Depeche Mode came to Australia, I would, without a doubt travel to each city to see them. I went to London 06 to see them, and am still kicking myself for not going O/S the tour before that . If our dollar wasn't so lousy, I would have travelled to see them in Milan this year
yolly22
DMMB Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009