Australia

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby feroaus » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:01 pm

DM_elbourne wrote:Hey ppls!

Im from Melbourne myself, been a fan of Depeche Mode over 10 years.... It would be good to see Depeche Mode here, there are fans I've met here and love some of Depeche Mode music.... It's always that common problem of promoting the band! You might hear abit of ' I just can't get enought' on radio, or 'personal jesus, ets and policy of truth' ive seen on video hits on channel 10 (yeah can u believe it??, lolz), but thats it!!

If they come here, more likely several things could swing... 'Big Day out' and a mini tour and thats it! I think Martin, Dave and Andy would fancy the Big Day Out as most alternitive bands do enjoy the event!

As for europe, jeeze I could go to croatia, as its my background, but thats the only option! I as an Australian would rather see them play here, atleast the fans of australia could express to those who haven't herd of DM, may become converts to th wonderful music!!

Hey there another DM fan from Melbs,yeah BDO could be good as it's far less expensive to play as a part of the festival than bring the full tour here.And they could play few side shows in smaller venues in each city as well - V festival could work as well (Duran and PSB played so why not DM?)So let's hope next year after Euro and US tour,we'll see them here.
I'm from Europe myself,and went to see them there in 2006 in Bratislava - just amazing!
feroaus

Postby Ryan. » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:29 pm

I fooking hate festivals, but at this point I wouldn't care if they played BDO. Just as long as they come here!
I Luciferi, resistance of one.http://www.nin-au.com/
Ryan.
DMMB Veteran

Postby newborn01 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Spaced wrote:I understand its costly all round for them to come to Aust. Cracker album and a major marketing push? Damn straight! Let see what EMI can come up with! I didn't see any marketing material or reviews for PTA so hopefully this will change for the new album. We shall see.

There were reviews in most newspapers and magazines, and a profile in the Sydney Morning Herald (http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/depeche-mode-to-be-continued/2005/10/27/1130382515994.html)

I agree though, it may depend on the strength of the album. Marketing is always important (and always underwhelming) but if it is a cracker word of mouth will get it in the top 20 (where Exciter charted).

Keep the ball rolling...
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby bluedress74 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:51 am

NO not BDO or V. I want them at Acer Arena!! I want a whole concert.
'the distance between dreams and reality is only measured by motivation...'
bluedress74
DMMB Survivor

Postby bluedress74 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:56 am

This is good, more Europeans moving to OZ (welcome all). We're starting to build up a larger fan base this way. :cool:

JSJ has joined us recently. Where ever you are!

P.S I don't mean we just want you for numbers. ;) :)
'the distance between dreams and reality is only measured by motivation...'
bluedress74
DMMB Survivor

Postby Spaced » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 am

It would be great if they toured Aus or at least did a couple of dates in Sydney or Melbourne. I would take the 5 hour flight to the other side of the country for sure.

Not too sure about BDO, I think they would be selling themselves short on that one. I would like to see an entire, pure, unadulterated DM gig in Aust.

Tour of the Universe.....thats a good sign!
...things like this, make me sick
in a case like this I'll get away with it
Spaced

Postby JSJ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:26 am

bluedress74 wrote:JSJ has joined us recently. Where ever you are!

Sydney. And it has rained solidly, all day. Again.

Still, at least DM would feel at home, it'd be just like England with all the rain.
And finally...Vince Clarke started DM. No VC=No DM. Comprendez? :cool:
JSJ

Postby Ryan. » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:48 pm

zachyun wrote:I am new to all this.... All I can say is that I am still
hoping for the day to come when they announce their
Australian visit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya. :)
I Luciferi, resistance of one.http://www.nin-au.com/
Ryan.
DMMB Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009