Australia

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby I Feel Loved » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Mads61 wrote:Positive people...

DM fans can be positive. ;)
This is my brain, and I live in it. It's made of love and bad song lyrics.
I Feel Loved

Postby tuffy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:00 am

Yes as another Kiwi I would definitely fly to Oz to see them, but I've also now convinced my wife to go to the US for a holiday next year so I will tie that into seeing DM there too.
tuffy

Postby Pelicanito » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:09 am

hollowpromises wrote:'I know, DMMB members are sick of complaining Australian fans'

No, not really :)

We were lucky to see them in 2006, but that was only after 13 years. Many people hope this time they play at places they rarely visit, since the Tour of the Universe sounds suitable. :p
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby DM_elbourne » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:17 am

Hey ppls!

Im from Melbourne myself, been a fan of Depeche Mode over 10 years.... It would be good to see Depeche Mode here, there are fans I've met here and love some of Depeche Mode music.... It's always that common problem of promoting the band! You might hear abit of ' I just can't get enought' on radio, or 'personal jesus, ets and policy of truth' ive seen on video hits on channel 10 (yeah can u believe it??, lolz), but thats it!!

If they come here, more likely several things could swing... 'Big Day out' and a mini tour and thats it! I think Martin, Dave and Andy would fancy the Big Day Out as most alternitive bands do enjoy the event!

As for europe, jeeze I could go to croatia, as its my background, but thats the only option! I as an Australian would rather see them play here, atleast the fans of australia could express to those who haven't herd of DM, may become converts to th wonderful music!!
DM_elbourne

Postby lynn m » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:56 am

Hi Everyone
Im new on here but i just want to say that I hope they do come to Australia, I ve seen all the tours since 1981 in England,and emigrated to Australia last year so it would be a real bonus if they did come:)
lynn m

Postby lynn m » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:23 am

Mads61 wrote:Australia is part of the Universe and there are SO many of Depeche Mode fans down here... We would come out in droves just to see you guys... If you are an Aussie DM'er please reply to this group because WE WANT DEPECHE MODE WE WANT DEPECHE MODE

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee come to queensland
lynn m

Postby lynn m » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:29 am

UB40 has just been to Oz and sold out here ( and so did Elton John) so come on DM if they can do it you can too!!!
lynn m

Postby DM_elbourne » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:21 am

I think begging does nothing guys, just pray ;)
DM_elbourne

Postby PinzVidz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:16 am

lynn m wrote:UB40 has just been to Oz and sold out here ( and so did Elton John) so come on DM if they can do it you can too!!!

Ugghhhh... why bother mentioning those rubbish acts, you should've said "Gary Numan is coming to Australia, need we say anymore?" :D

Yeah anyways, c'mon DM, come to Australia, you won't be disappointed, you have a lot of loyal fans down here who are very keen to see you again, and the ones who didn't see you in '93. Just don't do any shit festivals, your own shows will be just fine.
PinzVidz

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009