Australia

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby aussieDMFan71 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 am

Sorry to post this in here, the thread about the upcoming release of the TOTU dvd/cd etc has been closed, so, does someone know if this is going to get a local release in Australia? Emi-Mute have previously released some of the DM tours(I don't believe the 101 dvd ever got a local release, however), including one night in paris and the exciter tour.
As the band doesn't want to tour this part of the world, I hope they(record company) will do the next best thing and release the another tour we missed out on.
aussieDMFan71

Postby Katz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:09 am

I'm with ya aussieDMFan71 (even though I'm on the other side of the ditch!). JB Hi-Fi said it's not on order "not on the system at all" wtf?!! Said to ask again in a month (after the release date).......whoop de doo
NZ fan
Katz
DMMB Survivor

Postby I Feel Loved » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Katz wrote:I'm with ya aussieDMFan71 (even though I'm on the other side of the ditch!). JB Hi-Fi said it's not on order "not on the system at all" wtf?!! Said to ask again in a month (after the release date).......whoop de doo

We got a similar answer at our local JBs. I checked Sanity online and there's nothing there either.

I did find this though. (CD WOW)

http://www.cdwow.com.au/CD/depeche-mode-tour-of-the-universe-live-in-barcelona-depeche-mode-tour/dp/17588171/34385083?wid=productCarousel
This is my brain, and I live in it. It's made of love and bad song lyrics.
I Feel Loved

Postby aussieDMFan71 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:38 pm

aussieDMFan71

Postby deltaepsilon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

I can't really see it happening, considering the rather limited fan base here. Just look at our Top 50 chart... :(
deltaepsilon
DMMB Veteran

Postby newborn01 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 am

It'll be released here, the same as everything else. For the earlier poster - 101 is out here too, plus Devotional and Touring The Angel.

It's unlikely it'll sell well - not because there's no fans, but because there's been no tour or promotion since the early 90's. Very sad.

I'm tempted not to buy it just as a mini-protest. There's only so many live shows on TV I can handle without seeing one in real life.
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby ryan mc govern » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:53 am

newborn01 wrote:It'll be released here, the same as everything else. For the earlier poster - 101 is out here too, plus Devotional and Touring The Angel.

It's unlikely it'll sell well - not because there's no fans, but because there's been no tour or promotion since the early 90's. Very sad.

I'm tempted not to buy it just as a mini-protest. There's only so many live shows on TV I can handle without seeing one in real life.

that seems to be a big problem for them in some markets ZERO promotions at all its really sad to see a band so un organized in their front office.
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby aussieDMFan71 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 am

newborn01 wrote:It'll be released here, the same as everything else. For the earlier poster - 101 is out here too, plus Devotional and Touring The Angel.

Umm, if 101(2 disk dvd) is available locally, then how come I had to import my copy from amazon.uk? I have NEVER seen it in any jbhifi outlets, nor any other stores like borders. If it was available, it was a long time ago.
aussieDMFan71

Postby ryan mc govern » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:15 pm

:mad:
xJoker wrote:Depeche mode will NEVER become one of those 'has been' bands.
WHY? Because they are constantly relevant. They are immortal.

Erasure, Human League, Pet Shop Boys. Great bands, but a joke compared to Depeche Mode.

How could you diss the pet shop boys? first of all they always had their own sound and never followed anyone and they are still putting out music and do have there own very loyal following like dm does,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SO LEAVE THE PET SHOP ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby chengdu » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 pm

ryan mc govern wrote::mad:
How could you diss the pet shop boys? first of all they always had their own sound and never followed anyone and they are still putting out music and do have there own very loyal following like dm does,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SO LEAVE THE PET SHOP ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Daniel
chengdu
DMMB Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009