Australia

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby I Feel Loved » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Bugger... The V Festival for 2010 looks like it may be canceled. I think we are doomed. :(

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/21041/Coppel-confirm-no-V-Festival.htm#at
This is my brain, and I live in it. It's made of love and bad song lyrics.
I Feel Loved

Postby newborn01 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:41 am

depman wrote:I would of thought they would of announced it by now if there was an extension.
Shame tho.
Countries like japan and australia should be worth a visit instead of germany all the time.(no offence germany, just a joke) :)

Exactly.

I've given up hope of a tour this time, and probably ever.
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby jose' » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 am

newborn01 wrote:Exactly.

I've given up hope of a tour this time, and probably ever.

same here.. on the upside there are some nice dvd boots available.. watching them is like being in another country
jose'

Postby jose' » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 pm

i PM brat asking if it has been confiremed that dm are not coming to oz and his reply was all confirmed dates are on tour page.. i guess not.. so the tour page is confirmation that dm are no coming here..

Image Re: comfirmation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose'
greetings from the other side of the universe :)

just wondering.. has it been confirmed that dm are not coming to oz?

thanks
jose'

All confirmed tour dates are on the Tour page.
jose'

Postby newborn01 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:56 am

jose' wrote:greetings from the other side of the universe :)

Nice one, although it may end up we're actually not part of the "Universe" at all.

Although I'd say they only confirm dates rather than confirm dates won't exist, so you never know.

I guess we have a new single to look forward to ... and a range of other acts touring (Killers, Editors, etc).
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby jose' » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:22 am

newborn01 wrote:Nice one, although it may end up we're actually not part of the "Universe" at all.

Although I'd say they only confirm dates rather than confirm dates won't exist, so you never know.

I guess we have a new single to look forward to ... and a range of other acts touring (Killers, Editors, etc).

i want depeche mode as well.. part of keeps hoping :).. i want it all
jose'

Postby bluedress74 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:11 am

I always Knew they wouldn't, that's why I never got my hopes up.

Bahh
'the distance between dreams and reality is only measured by motivation...'
bluedress74
DMMB Survivor

Postby Maxidell38 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 am

I'm still living in hope!!
:D DM :D
Maxidell38

Postby jose' » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:27 am

2 shows to go and no mention of considering coming to oz........ it really really aint gonna happen :(... WOW
jose'

Postby shotbru » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 am

From a purely financial point of view the Aus dollar has in recent times been very strong against the US dollar (currently AUS$1 = US89c) so a profitable tour is definitely a possibility. I would guess the decision has more to do with the sheer physical distance for both people and hardware to travel.

Almost every single other big musical act in the world has either toured here recently or are about to, so not 100% sure why DM would not want to follow that example. I have no desire to see US and European DM fans being deprived of shows, but given the fact that those fans get to see a DM tour for every album and have mostly been able to attend numerous DM shows over the years, I don't think that fans in those territories can fully understand what it means to be a lifelong DM fan who grew up somewhere else and who has only had one opportunity in their life to see the band live (Cape Town 1994).

That's all irrelevant anyway as I don't believe we will ever get another DM tour down here - if they didn't make it here this time, why would they do it next time when they're all older still and less likely to embark on another huge world tour?

Should've been German :)
shotbru

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009