Australia

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby I Feel Loved » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:08 pm

muttley wrote:Australia or Singapore! i have seen every tour since 1988, but now left the UK and Live in Thailand! (and i didnt get a heads up from DM site announcement list re presale) Bangkok would be excellent news, but i know that wont happen (no one of any note comes here) but if anyone is listening, seen as the dm site never tells me when dates are announced, then will someone give me a nudge if anything happens!! Otherwise its ebay and a flight back to the UK

You could subscribe to the new announcement list. :)

http://depechemode.com/phplist/?p=subscribe
This is my brain, and I live in it. It's made of love and bad song lyrics.
I Feel Loved

Postby Ryan. » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 am

I Feel Loved wrote:I'm hopeful of course, but not banking on DM coming here. I am making other arrangements so we don't miss out next year.

I'm making sure I've got an up to date passport and enough money saved and holiday time owed to me to make an overseas trip next year.

If they won't come to us, we'll have to go to them.

I won't be traveling anywhere, so I'm praying they stop by here at some point.

Dave yelled out "WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!" at the end of the Sydney show here in 1994. There HAS to be a "next time" at some point.
I Luciferi, resistance of one.http://www.nin-au.com/
Ryan.
DMMB Veteran

Postby Duds » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:51 am

Guys, I posted something on this on Thursday of last week.

Fletch, in an Interview with Lithuanian press was asked the following.

Tour of the Universe, You are doing South America for the first time since Devotional. Could this be an indication that Australia, Asia might follow?

If you say that’s the tour of Universe, it might be. HAHA. At the moment we’ve just releasing this. I think we are gonna see how the things go and you know, if we’re feeling good and confident, maybe we’ll do more shows in Europe, maybe we’ll do shows in Australia. This is what we’re committing at the moment.

I'll see if I can find the direct link to the video for you. The questions are in Lithuanian but Fletch is not dubbed.
I love The Mode.
And if loving The Mode is WRONG!
I don't wanna be right!
Duds

Postby Ryan. » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 am

I love you! :)
I Luciferi, resistance of one.http://www.nin-au.com/
Ryan.
DMMB Veteran

Postby abysse » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Duds wrote:Guys, I posted something on this on Thursday of last week.

Fletch, in an Interview with Lithuanian press was asked the following.

Tour of the Universe, You are doing South America for the first time since Devotional. Could this be an indication that Australia, Asia might follow?

If you say that’s the tour of Universe, it might be. HAHA. At the moment we’ve just releasing this. I think we are gonna see how the things go and you know, if we’re feeling good and confident, maybe we’ll do more shows in Europe, maybe we’ll do shows in Australia. This is what we’re committing at the moment.

I'll see if I can find the direct link to the video for you. The questions are in Lithuanian but Fletch is not dubbed.

A maybe is good. As long as it is a possibility, then thats all i can hope for right now.
abysse

Postby I Feel Loved » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 pm

This is my brain, and I live in it. It's made of love and bad song lyrics.
I Feel Loved

Postby Duds » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks IFL, sorry meant to get back with that didn't I.

If you look further in that site you'll come across a couple from England being interviewed at the Berlin press conference. In our defence we had been awake for 30 hours by then....:o:o:o
I love The Mode.
And if loving The Mode is WRONG!
I don't wanna be right!
Duds

Postby hollowpromises » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:33 am

I think its all up to the Depeche Mode & their record company.

If DM asked EMI/MUTE to contact every commercial Australian radio station to tell them that the band is releasing a new album in 2009 & will be touring the world in 2009.

They could also mention some interesting DM achievements-

* over 40+ top 40 singles in the UK alone &
* Johnny Cash covered Depeche's 'Personal Jesus' track
* 1st band to debut at No.1 in the US & UK simultaneously for the 'Songs
of Fath & Devotion' album

Also, the Australian radio stations could start playing songs from the Depeche Mode catologue, so that Australian audiences can hear what they've been missing out on all these years!

Anyway, enough said, that's my view...

'I know, DMMB members are sick of complaining Australian fans'
hollowpromises

Postby ACiDduck » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:47 am

Hahaha... "the complaining Australian fans"... well, nothing new there. Aussies are whingers! I know, I love to whinge!

I'm really hoping DM come out here as well. I feel like my entire life so far has been a complete waste of time. I can only die happy if I have seen at least one DM show! I've got DVDs for "Touring The Angel" and "Devotional", and man, I feel so left out!

I'm also a big Gary Numan fan, and Gary is coming out to Sydney in March next year - the first time in about 29 years! I am so excited. Got my ticket as soon as they went on sale. I think Depeche need to follow in his footsteps, even if just to silence us whinging Aussies for a little while!
ACiDduck

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009