vBulletin App

Come here to read the latest board announcements (downtime, upgrades, et cetera). Also, be absolutely sure to read "The Rules Of The Board". It will answer MANY questions you might have.

vBulletin App

Postby t.nehpets » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am

Hi there,

I'd love to access the forum from the vBulletin App on iPhone.

Has anyone successfully added this community?
---
Steve

Leipzig-Berlin(Olympiastadion)-Toronto-Montreal-Berlin(o2 Arena)
t.nehpets

Postby Pelicanito » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

I'm not sure, but the vBulletin version used (3.8.5 versus the newest being 5) on this forum is outdated and won't support the mobile app. I believe the board should have a plug in that allows mobile functionality and as mentioned, I don't think it has it.
Maybe I'm wrong?
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby Brightside » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 am

Pelicanito wrote:I'm not sure, but the vBulletin version used (3.8.5 versus the newest being 5) on this forum is outdated and won't support the mobile app. I believe the board should have a plug in that allows mobile functionality and as mentioned, I don't think it has it.
Maybe I'm wrong?

No. You're right. vBulletin 5 is out, but even if you use latest version it's useless forum software. What about migration to XenForo or IPB?

XenForo mobile devices support are very fine in version 1.2 (for example look on it at iPhone 4 simulator). Tapatalk app for Android/iOS support XenForo too. Looks like this forum migration from vBulletin 3.8 on XenForo latest (1.1.5 or 1.2 when it will be released) can take a day or two. All old topics, posts, users, avatars e.t.c will saved and should work fine.
Brightside

Return to Board Information / Alerts