Can you change your handle/username

Come here to read the latest board announcements (downtime, upgrades, et cetera). Also, be absolutely sure to read "The Rules Of The Board". It will answer MANY questions you might have.

Can you change your handle/username

Postby swankygroovegirl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Is there anyway to change a user name on here without having to create another account.
I signed up as Swankygroovegirl so many many years ago and I cringe everytime I login with it and see my posts with that handle. I would like to get something a little less obnoxious. I signed up with that because that was my aol screen name at the time and I would like to retire it just like I retired AOL :)

Thx,
Monique
swankygroovegirl

Postby Long Suffering Slave » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Once you register with a user name on the forum, that is your name for the duration of your account. You can not change your name.

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/faq.php
Long Suffering Slave

Postby crazydepechegirl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 am

You can't change your name. Sorry :(
crazydepechegirl

Postby flyonthewindscreen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

just start over and put all your old info like post number, join date in your sig...pick a nice dm inspired name :)
But the key Is a question of control
flyonthewindscreen

Postby steventoo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Please email questions regarding the board to Brat or myself. This section of the board is for the moderators to make announcements, not a general Q and A session. Thank you.
"If it's as boring as this, we won't stay long." ~ Martin L. Gore
steventoo

Return to Board Information / Alerts