CONTEST: Win a prize and avoid the "Sorry if this has been posted before"

Come here to read the latest board announcements (downtime, upgrades, et cetera). Also, be absolutely sure to read "The Rules Of The Board". It will answer MANY questions you might have.

Postby Pelicanito » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:59 am

Keep searching! I've noticed duplicated threads are back! :(

When you find a newly created thread please consider looking for an existing thread before replying, especially if it's about a topic that seems popular: for example Dave's voice.

I do appreciate the efforts you've made so far to keep the board clean.

Thanks!
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:31 pm

So what do you think about the results so far? I'm not sure, as I have closed like a dozen threads or so in 2 days. :(
Pelicanito

Postby AndyD421 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:57 am

I'm trying my best to start fun new threads, and search out doubles... have we made any impact on the thread count?
ATL - Sept. 1, 2009
AndyD421
DMMB Veteran

Postby Pelicanito » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:20 am

Besides starting new threads try to revive the old ones, if you think of a topic maybe there's already something about it.

The first days the amount of duplicated threads really went down and I was like the happiest girl, but these past days there's been a lot of them. Many duplicates are posted by new users, which proves they totally ignore the rules when they sign up. :P

One of our members suggested that everyone receives a sort of "FAQ reminder" every once in a while via email, not sure if this could work.

Anyway, thanks a lot to the ones that are actually participating! Only 10 days left, spread the word and keep searching. As for me I'm gathering the prizes. ;)
Pelicanito

Postby SunsetRedChick » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 pm

So, contesters can start new(non-discussed things) or revive threads to reduce the number of already talked about things? I think I got that right
In your room where souls disappear ~only you exist here
SunsetRedChick

Postby Pelicanito » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:51 pm

SunsetRedChick wrote:So, contesters can start new(non-discussed things) or revive threads to reduce the number of already talked about things? I think I got that right

Yes. The main goal is to encourage people to use the search feature, that ideally
will reduce the duplicate threads to a minimum, or to none, but that's kinda hard. :P

Some people have helped me a lot with the duplicate threads alerts, I think they already deserve a prize!
Pelicanito

Noooo!

Postby halozue » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Pelicanito wrote:
Now if you dear member took the time to read all this, well, get to it! Winners will be announced on Wed, July 22nd 2009 around 11pm CST (GMT -5 at this time of the year).

Crap! I'm going on vacations to the mountians...:(
"Hide what you have to hide...Tell what you have to tell"
halozue
DMMB Survivor

Postby Pelicanito » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm

halozue wrote:Crap! I'm going on vacations to the mountians...:(

I will post the list of winners here, and they will be able to read it. Then they will have to contact me.. I'll send the prizes... and that will be it!
Pelicanito

Postby una lady » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:18 am

Pelicanito wrote:One of our members suggested that everyone receives a sort of "FAQ reminder" every once in a while via email, not sure if this could work.

Reading the FAQ and following the rules depends entirely on people's good will. I'm not sure a reminder would change anything.
However, we are all here for a reason. We have great respect for a certain band. So maybe if instead or in addition to what it says under our "names" here, it would say "a honored DMMB member" or something like that, (unless you ignore the FAQ) it could encourage some people to play by the rules. I'm sure you know, lots of forums use this sort of thing and people seem to like it.
Just a thought. :)
una lady

Postby Dutchie101 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:01 am

I just did my part... Just posted on the Tour of the Universe thread for the Borgota show... about the search option! ;)

You know, I'm really glad that there is a search option! Glad to see a lot of duplicate threads being deleted, too. It was getting crazy trying to weed through all of them!

Thanks again for all your help!! :D
Add me on Facebook. Would love to get to know you all! Michelle McFerran
Dutchie101
DMMB Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information / Alerts