CONTEST: Win a prize and avoid the "Sorry if this has been posted before"

Come here to read the latest board announcements (downtime, upgrades, et cetera). Also, be absolutely sure to read "The Rules Of The Board". It will answer MANY questions you might have.

CONTEST: Win a prize and avoid the "Sorry if this has been posted before"

Postby Pelicanito » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Prove that you can use the search feature and get rewarded for it!

Hey peeps.

Lately, I've been closing threads A LOT. I've posted my own "search feature" tutorial but... the truth is that if I were paid a dollar for every time I read the "Sorry if this has been posted before..."

So what's the deal? I'll be monitoring the amount of new threads created and the goal is to keep that number to a minimum.

Want to talk about a song? A concert in a given city? New tour dates near you? Get to use that search feature. Give it a try. Get creative. Go see where the results can lead you to.

Revive old threads and find out what other fans thought and said about a topic you may be interested in.

I'll choose randomly from all the people who create new threads about topics that haven't been covered before (remember, the goal is to keep that number LOW) and from all the people who find old threads to revive, so it's not necessary to be a thread starter...

Please don't start trivial or controversial (politics and religion) threads, those are not eligible for this contest and get closed regardless. You'll have to choose your new topic very carefully.

If you do revive a thread, but find multiple threads about the same, please take a look and post to the most interesting and/or popular in your opinion.

The main goal is to keep the board clean and keep the amount of new threads to a minimum. Well, to the necessary. Plus, you'll get acquainted with the search feature and you'll enjoy your board experience more.

Now the important stuff:

• PRIZES. Well, this is a personal initiative. DM and some Recoil items from my personal collection (even though it's not that impressive but you may like, for example, a foreign edition of a DM album) and brand new DM/Recoil items. I'll choose the prize that is more likely to appeal to the winner. I've got CDs, DVDs, 7"s, promos, and some other stuff you might like.

• The initial number of prizes is 25. I'll try to raise that number depending on people's response.
  • Be sure to check out the FAQs, all new threads and reviving posts must follow the rules of the board (i.e: no highjacking, no chit chat, etc)

Now if you dear member took the time to read all this, well, get to it! Winners will be announced on Wed, July 22nd 2009 around 11pm CST (GMT -5 at this time of the year).

Ps: New threads on the "Fan Mixes" "Board announcements" and "DM Parties" are not eligible because those don't seem to need the search feature.
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:04 am

More on this.

If you revive a thread, only the person who finds the thread to post something new is eligible because they took the time to do the search.

However I am reading your posts and if any following post is particularly interesting (adding more value to a thread) you're in as well.

Keep searching, I already have a few names in for the contest.
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:38 pm

I've opened the thread about the search tutorial if you have doubts on the subject.

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29161
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Added a Dave Gahan CD to the giveaways box...
Pelicanito

Well done!

Postby Pelicanito » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:21 am

I am really pleased with member's response so far, and it's been only a day, you've revived cool threads and you've posted really interesting thoughts!

And you've really cut down on the number of duplicated threads. Thanks for that.

The list of candidates is growing!
Pelicanito

Let's make it clearer!

Postby Pelicanito » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 am

Nice job searching for existing threads.

Just a note: when you revive a thread you are supposed to continue talking about the subject, and not posting only things like:

"Nice thread"
"I agree"
"I found this one!" :D
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Someone suggested this and I think it's a great idea:

If you find duplicate threads post the links in this thread and you are in for the contest as well. Have fun.

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30067
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 am

Added a 7" Recoil-Prey.

So far everyone on my list can get a prize, but let's see what happens...
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Added a strange edition of 101 that might be interesting for a collector.
Pelicanito

Postby Lisamode » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:49 am

yay.
dm fan for 30 years, and counting.
DMOCD.. we suffer well..
Lisamode

Next

Return to Board Information / Alerts