Preview button is your friend...

Come here to read the latest board announcements (downtime, upgrades, et cetera). Also, be absolutely sure to read "The Rules Of The Board". It will answer MANY questions you might have.

Preview button is your friend...

Postby Pelicanito » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:36 am

Since the Edit button is not an option and it will never be, and there are still many members complaining about it, why not give a try to the Preview button?

When you reply to a thread there are two options:

• Post quick reply, or
  • Go advanced.

"Go advanced" is what you want to use. There you will find -aside from the sometimes abused smilies on the right-:

• Submit reply, or
  • Preview Post.
Sure you have seen posts that look like this:

bill and ted's excellent adventure
the wedding singer
meet me in st. louis
saturday night fever
xanadu
When you hit the Preview button you will know what your post will look like, and you will prevent posting code mess and having to post again and annoying the other members.

It also gives you the opportunity to read again what you wrote and decide if it stays like that or that it should be edited before posting. (Highly recommended if you are about to passionately respond to something that might regret later. :P )
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Ah, the old same topic.

The cold hard truth is: there's no edit button. Big deal! When I registered to this board, there was no edit button already. But still that never was a problem for the majority.

For the ones that really feel offended/annoyed/they have their rights violated because there is no way they can edit their posts, there's a way around this, the preview button. (SEE POST ABOVE)

Anyone can complain, because it's easy. But there are people that do what they can control -previewing their posts, reading through them, learning to type carefully- instead of forcing things to be the way they think they should be. Not even the outside world is like that. We can't force everything to work as we like, and that's ok. Some things we just can't control.

If you did all this and still made a mistake, -yeah I know it's annoying realizing it- well you can post again. But most of the errors could be filtered out by previewing your posts. Now, if you feel this is a hassle and you're too lazy to DO this, well, what can I do. Keep complaining all you want, but that ain't changing anything. ;)
Pelicanito

Postby Pelicanito » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:44 am

For the love of Gore:
Please don't hit the report bad post button if you only made a mistake when typing.
Learn to type carefully or use the preview button.
Thank you.
Pelicanito

Return to Board Information / Alerts