Problems logging in...

Come here to read the latest board announcements (downtime, upgrades, et cetera). Also, be absolutely sure to read "The Rules Of The Board". It will answer MANY questions you might have.

Problems logging in...

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:09 pm

Be advised. I cleared out almost 1000 accounts last night that "technically" had no use or action. If you had never bothered to "click the link" on your original "welcome to the board" email, that means your account is gone. Reregister, and be sure to click the link this time!

Also, some FireFox users seem to be having issues logging in. I advise first to try the "lost password" feature of the board. If that does not help, email me (do not send me an IM here) with your login, password and email address, and I will look into the situation.

Close to 40,000 people on a board, and a huge upgrade. Can't have everything go smoothly. ;)
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:41 pm

A tip for FireFox users:

When logging in, BE SURE to check the "Remember Me" box in the login area of the page (not the "Do you want me to remember this password" prompt that FireFox will display).

It's a web cookie issue. I just tried it, and checking the box worked for me in FireFox.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby Miss Tick » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks! ;)

Works for me too!
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby steventoo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I was about to send you an email.... I'm on IE (public school computer) and was having trouble logging in. I think I've got it straightened out now, though...

Clearing cookies might help fix the issue for those having trouble also.
"If it's as boring as this, we won't stay long." ~ Martin L. Gore
steventoo

Postby Dm-angel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 pm

I've been having problems aswell...I logon it says welcome Dm-angel but when the screen of the forum shows im not loged in...but if you look at the bottom of the page where is say users online my name is there...I had to click the remember me button then it worked..
Light will always shine in the heart of you..:cool:
Dm-angel

Postby Dm-angel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:08 pm

Dm-angel wrote:I've been having problems aswell...I logon it says welcome Dm-angel but when the screen of the forum shows im not loged in...but if you look at the bottom of the page where is say users online my name is there...I had to click the remember me button then it worked..

We have IE7 on our pc and not firefox, IE 7 seems to have the same problem as firefox on our pc. We have to tick the remember button to logon to the forum.
Light will always shine in the heart of you..:cool:
Dm-angel

Postby little flower » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:16 pm

I guess I was saved by your tips! Thanks;):)
«I'm a missionary»
little flower

Postby DAG » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:06 am

Thanks for the "remember me" tip. That made it work for me now.
Whatever you cannot understand, you cannot possess - Goethe
DAG

Location: Hanging from a rope of mediocrity in North Carolina

Postby farsh » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:07 am

worked for me too! Thanks
farsh
DMMB Survivor

Postby stumm11 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Admin wrote:Be advised. I cleared out almost 1000 accounts last night that "technically" had no use or action. If you had never bothered to "click the link" on your original "welcome to the board" email, that means your account is gone. Reregister, and be sure to click the link this time!

Also, some FireFox users seem to be having issues logging in. I advise first to try the "lost password" feature of the board. If that does not help, email me (do not send me an IM here) with your login, password and email address, and I will look into the situation.

Close to 40,000 people on a board, and a huge upgrade. Can't have everything go smoothly. ;)

doesnt help when you are dealing with some very computer illiterate people-me included!!!!!
I COLLECT DM PROMO CDS/CDRS AND PROMO BOXES-FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME
stumm11

Next

Return to Board Information / Alerts