Strange secret content of CD of Hour Glass: Violeta Ramos?

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Strange secret content of CD of Hour Glass: Violeta Ramos?

Postby Neel1 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:47 am

I saw something very strange while ripping mp3 to my mp3 player from the CD of the Dave Gahan's Hour Glass album. I am using Nero's Save tracks device which usually allows me to convert MP3 from my cds into my MP3 player or directly on my Computer....The curious thing is when I tried to do it with the Deluxe edition CD of Hour Glass of Dave Gahan, when I allowed the program to access internet to get the info for all the tracks of the CD, I discovered that it contained more songs than the actual album....Apart from the list of songs for Hour Glass, it gave me the list for another CD called "37 & 8 strings" by Violeta Ramos and Richard Schneider....My copy of Hour Glass, deluxe edition has been bought on amazon.co.uk.........
Step out of your cage and onto the stage.
Neel1

Postby Neel1 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:53 am

There must be a problem with the Nero Internet Database...When I ripped the mp3 of course, it was the songs of Hour Glass there, but with the info of Violeta's album for each songs!!
Step out of your cage and onto the stage.
Neel1

Postby blackangel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:54 am

Interesting!
Not so long ago, I copied my Maxi 45 80's remixes on my PC, from the original CDs that I bought once in a cd store, to have them on my MP3....wen I put the cd in my pc, and Windows media player started "recognise" the audio CD, it came up with a "The Corrs" album, and the tracks from that!!! So, on my mp3 I got all the titles from the corrs etc....I dont understand how that can be!!!! I was so confused, cos there was never anything with my cd, all was ok, only that windows media player recognised it as a different album...but the songs were the right ones, but the tracklisting and artist didnt match, and therefore also the songs came up in a different order too! Very strange!!
Someone please explain!!!!
people are people
blackangel

Postby chengdu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:58 am

It's the databases used for the tracks that are having problems when those things happens.
I've seen a Rolling Stones cd turn into something completely different when ripped in itunes once.

Daniel
chengdu
DMMB Elder

Return to Hourglass forum