What are your paper monsters?

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

What are your paper monsters?

Postby ultrasillygirl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:32 pm

I've always understood the meaning of that title (Paper Monsters) as those things we're scared of, but if we take a closer look, they're not as serious as we think.

In my case, I start feeling insecure about myself all of a sudden. I fear that all the things I'm planning for the future will fail...and I haven't even started working on some of them yet! It's like giving up before fighting...then I analyze these thoughts and conclude that they're senseless: I have a life to reach my goals. And the first step is believing that I can do it no matter what since it's something that means a lot to me. Time is what we have:)

There are two specific songs off this album that provide the confidence I need when my mind is full of doubts: Bitter Apple, and Hidden Houses. I can't explain how this happens...I just know that I listen to them, and I calm down. They kind of persuade me me to look at things with more maturity.

So how about you? What are your paper monsters? Is there any song from that album that helps you out to fight them?
ultrasillygirl

Postby TonyL88 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 pm

This is very interesting. I have felt the same way about failing in life, wich is why I get depressed a lot. However, I feel very good about my future right now. "Hidden Houses" is the song I've listened to when I have felt bad.
Get Right With Me
TonyL88

Postby ultrasillygirl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:10 pm

TonyL88 wrote:This is very interesting. I have felt the same way about failing in life, wich is why I get depressed a lot. However, I feel very good about my future right now. "Hidden Houses" is the song I've listened to when I have felt bad.

"Hidden Houses" is such a magical song...I mean, it really leads you to a peaceful environment and state of mind. It still amazes me how powerful that song is.

Thanks for the comment:)
ultrasillygirl

Postby Ine » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:19 pm

TonyL88 wrote:I have felt the same way about failing in life, wich is why I get depressed a lot.

:o*COUGHyoumindreaderCOUGH* :p

However, the songs that are kinda ´uplifting` for me (that I can think of now:rolleyes:) are not in PM -sorry.
The ones that come to mind are "Masterplan" by Oasis and (imagine that TonyL88 LOL) DM's ´Get right with me`. As I've said on some other thread, that is the one & ultimate "truly hopeful" DM song IMO, especially the music!
------------------------------------------------
Ine

Postby Gypsy Maria » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:51 pm

ultrasillygirl wrote:I've always understood the meaning of that title (Paper Monsters) as those things we're scared of, but if we take a closer look, they're not as serious as we think.

In my case, I start feeling insecure about myself all of a sudden. I fear that all the things I'm planning for the future will fail...and I haven't even started working on some of them yet! It's like giving up before fighting...then I analyze these thoughts and conclude that they're senseless: I have a life to reach my goals. And the first step is believing that I can do it no matter what since it's something that means a lot to me. Time is what we have:)

There are two specific songs off this album that provide the confidence I need when my mind is full of doubts: Bitter Apple, and Hidden Houses. I can't explain how this happens...I just know that I listen to them, and I calm down. They kind of persuade me me to look at things with more maturity.

So how about you? What are your paper monsters? Is there any song from that album that helps you out to fight them?

Sweet Soul Sister Lich!:) I, too, get real insecure and full of fright all of a sudden, even when I am experiencing, working on, or sharing such a complete, wordless sense of peace, illumination, healing, and the giving and receiving of this. I intuit that this occurs because we are on a journey wherein the purity of what is real is covered by many imposing and invasive layers that society, negative brainwashing of children, and exploitation of nature bombard us with. We are all connected and sometimes, when we get insecure or sense terror all of a sudden, it may be our own process of removing the layers of false illusions from our beings, or it may be that we are tuning into the pain of our brothers and sisters in the world. Ultimately, if we can remove as many layers as we can from ourselves to free the true nature of our essences, we are in touch with our righteous power. The more we are at peace with our wisdom and heart, the more we can remove the layers blocking our righteous power and go forth with our paths as we help one another in doing this. We are all in touch with the full extent of this at all times, which is amazingly hopeful!:) Yes, we do have time, Sister!;) At the same time, we have incredible, mysterious, and the epitome of kindness/laughter in terms of potential for each and every moment!:):D
On "Paper Monsters", the songs that comfort me are, "Hold On", "Bitter Apple", and "Hidden Houses."
I will never forget the amazing thread that we communicated boldly back and forth on to a highly productive degree in this forum for "Hidden Houses." It was the first occasion for our meeting and I am eternally grateful for this--it was like destiny calling! Very, Very Cool!:cool:
Luv Ya,
Send ya a BIG, Hearts Wide-Open infinite series of *HUGS*!
Maria
[B]ONE LOVE:)
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby Feligres » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:40 am

I'm a cardboard monster!!!!!!!! waawaahaa:):):D:D
Are you dreaming of me mate? ;)
Feligres

Postby Gypsy Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 am

Gypsy Maria wrote:Yes, we do have time, Sister!;) At the same time, we have incredible, mysterious, and the epitome of kindness/laughter in terms of potential for each and every moment!:):D

Sunflower Sweets Soul Sister Lich!:) When I get to feeling insecure, I usually am not cognizant of balancing my rhythms as they are naturally inclined to be balanced. It's like I get "lost in a storm" with a heavy, fast speed taking over which is associated with extensive external demands being placed on me that I then internalize. So, during these "storms", I am not in touch with the potency of the moment and I chose the songs by Dave from "Paper Monsters" because the lyrics and the music help me to slow down my pace to a more balanced, mindful, and calmer degree while my heart feels pumped up by luminous joy.:);)
I would like to add two other songs that have this effect on me from "Paper Monsters." They are: "Stay" and "A Little Piece."
I am sincerely grateful for the threads you post or comments you make because they open up my entire being and shed away layers that are based on erroneous judgemental tactics that society uses to induce fear and insecurity, instead of nurturing whatever our true colours are as beautiful and blooming brightly as we grow to our sure-fire, destined peaks!:D
Peace and Luv, Warrioress Sister,
Maria
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby ultrasillygirl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:45 am

Gypsy Maria wrote:Sunflower Sweets Soul Sister Lich!:) When I get to feeling insecure, I usually am not cognizant of balancing my rhythms as they are naturally inclined to be balanced. It's like I get "lost in a storm" with a heavy, fast speed taking over which is associated with extensive external demands being placed on me that I then internalize. So, during these "storms", I am not in touch with the potency of the moment and I chose the songs by Dave from "Paper Monsters" because the lyrics and the music help me to slow down my pace to a more balanced, mindful, and calmer degree while my heart feels pumped up by luminous joy.:);)
I would like to add two other songs that have this effect on me from "Paper Monsters." They are: "Stay" and "A Little Piece."
I am sincerely grateful for the threads you post or comments you make because they open up my entire being and shed away layers that are based on erroneous judgemental tactics that society uses to induce fear and insecurity, instead of nurturing whatever our true colours are as beautiful and blooming brightly as we grow to our sure-fire, destined peaks!:D
Peace and Luv, Warrioress Sister,
Maria

Yeah, that's right! :) I think the tough moments in our lives let us unconver our layers little by little to find out what we're made of :)
It's difficult at first, but then we realize with time. There are so many things we have to live/experience to understand this life a bit better.

I've always been amazed at the fact that music is a guide for us (in this case, Dave's music). And it's also great that we get to share these thoughts and have a connection...just like the "Hidden Houses" thread:D
I remember that day clearly, and I remember that it let us become friends:) Wow!

So proud of being part of this wonderful forum:D
*HUGS*
Lich
ultrasillygirl

Postby Gypsy Maria » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Sweet Soul Sister Lich, This forum is good to us and has been good for us!:) :D I'm honoured for all the connections here through Dave's music and everyone who unravels themselves as they are for this is the most beautiful exchange of honesty!;)
Luv, *HUGS*, and Peace,
Maria
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby ultrasillygirl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 am

Amen:)

I'm truly honoured too!:D
*big hugs*
ultrasillygirl

Next

Return to Hourglass forum