Final davegahan.com update - October 3rd, 2008

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Final davegahan.com update - October 3rd, 2008

Postby Admin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:14 am

Check out the new track "Nostalgia", by the band Mirror, featuring guest vocals from Dave!

Links to the Mirror web site and Facebook are in Dave's "News" area.

Daniel
admin / moderator / "that" guy
User avatar
Admin
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA.

Postby DolnaM » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks Daniel! - and thanks Dave!
Beautiful song....as usual! I love the image posted on their site of Dave... http://www.mirror.fm/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mirror-nostalgia-uncensored-master-square-pixel1.jpg
I wish Mirror would update their MySpace though....
Experiences have a lasting impression
User avatar
DolnaM
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh / Hungary

Postby DolnaM » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Actually....isn't that supposed to be a video of Nostalgia? :confused:
Experiences have a lasting impression
User avatar
DolnaM
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh / Hungary

Postby Admin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:50 pm

DolnaM wrote:Thanks Daniel! - and thanks Dave!
Beautiful song....as usual! I love the image posted on their site of Dave... http://www.mirror.fm/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mirror-nostalgia-uncensored-master-square-pixel1.jpg
I wish Mirror would update their MySpace though....


MySpace is a dead site. Facebook is where you should be.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
User avatar
Admin
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA.

Postby Rhianna » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Admin wrote:MySpace is a dead site. Facebook is where you should be.


So let me clarify...

You aren't updating Dave's MySpace site?

Just want to make sure before I delete him. It seems more and more artists are going with Facebook.

Also, what's with the "Final" update? Is Dave's forum going to be closed now that the Mode hype is going again? Just curious. :)
Rhianna
 
Posts: 5632
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Texas

Postby Admin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:46 am

Rhianna wrote:So let me clarify...

You aren't updating Dave's MySpace site?

Just want to make sure before I delete him. It seems more and more artists are going with Facebook.

Also, what's with the "Final" update? Is Dave's forum going to be closed now that the Mode hype is going again? Just curious. :)


When was the last time I updated the site? Hourglass Remixes. This is now the newest Dave solo item for a while.

Why delete him? Having him in your friends list doesn't waste space, and helps promote.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
User avatar
Admin
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA.

Postby Rhianna » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:31 am

Admin wrote:When was the last time I updated the site? Hourglass Remixes. This is now the newest Dave solo item for a while.

Why delete him? Having him in your friends list doesn't waste space, and helps promote.


Ah, ok. So yes, the final update for a while.

The reason why I even deal with MySpace is to keep up-to-date on artists I like. I like the bulletins. I guess you're right ... no sense in deleting him, though I find it sad that both sites (MySpace and Facebook) can't be updated.
Rhianna
 
Posts: 5632
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Texas

Postby Admin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:50 am

Rhianna wrote:Ah, ok. So yes, the final update for a while.

The reason why I even deal with MySpace is to keep up-to-date on artists I like. I like the bulletins. I guess you're right ... no sense in deleting him, though I find it sad that both sites (MySpace and Facebook) can't be updated.


When I update the official site, I update the other third party things.

I simply have not done any updates lately, as per very specific direct orders.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
User avatar
Admin
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA.

Echoes Of A Staircase

Postby Gypsy Maria » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:06 am

Admin wrote:Check out the new track "Nostalgia", by the band Mirror, featuring guest vocals from Dave!

Links to the Mirror web site and Facebook are in Dave's "News" area.

Daniel


Thanks for this update, Daniel!:)
I listened to the song and Dave's voice, combined with the music, is deeply haunting, passionate, strong, full of longing, and beautiful. It brings me to the same romantic and loving place each and every moment the song plays--like a love letter from the past, still vibrant in the present, and eternally moving. There is a primitive, primal, universal, unconditionally compassionate sense of nostalgia I feel hearing it that is as though it is a love letter tattooed on my flesh, next to my heart, since the beginning of time that I yearn for in terms of its source.
Dave, you are a brilliant magician of sound and blissful vision. I wish I could mirror this with clarity for you with echoes of a staircase that is the genuine reflection of your heart--coming from the core of the earth, where all memories are held.:)
Grateful for the positive power of this song and Dave's lack of pretention and the experience you get when you surrender to life's ascensions.
This is definitely one of them!:)
Maria
[B]ONE LOVE:)
[/B]
User avatar
Gypsy Maria
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Live-Toronto, Born-Portugal

Postby Admin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:14 am

There's no need to post the same thing on two separate threads.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
User avatar
Admin
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA.

Next

Return to Hourglass forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest