Dear Dave Gahan

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby Admin » Tue May 05, 2009 6:22 am

Please control your hormones. Read the F.A.Q.

This will be the only warning. Bans come next.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby L4a » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am

??? Who's that warning for????

Aaaanywhoooo.....

Dave, I really think you're contributions to SOTU are great!!!! Love both your solo albums as well.....my husband didn't want to hear anything about it, he thinks DM is DM and you shouldn't do "things on the side".
But he had to admit that most of "your" stuff is wonderful!!!! Love the SOTU DVD as well, especially the part where you play the englishman abroad!!! But seriously, I think Miles Away is fantastic!!! And how "Oh well" got together....wonderful!!!!!

Please stay as you are and keep writing!!! Your writing is really really different from Mart's and that's what makes an album with songs of the two of you extra special!!!!!!

Thank you for the music!!! (wow...where did that come from)
L4a

Postby jammywammy » Mon May 11, 2009 10:46 pm

LOL @ hormones comment, sounds seriously hormonal.........Hourglass, an amazing album and work to be proud of, I love it!!!!!! Thanks Dave
jammywammy

Postby MissJester » Mon May 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Miracles... the best song ever!
MissJester

Postby DANAP » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:02 pm

i SAW SOMETHING in Dave;s eyes and i like too tank him for wonderful music,i hope we get more of it in the future.DANA
DANAP

Postby nadgahan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:22 pm

dave, you are the best, thank you for all the FANTASTIC shows in germany cant wait for more in October! see you then :D

"come back come back to me" <3
nadgahan

an example to follow

Postby Rastagirl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey Dave!

You are the perfect example to take when it comes to how impossible dreams can become true!!!

after rising from the ashes you were there in front of me & the rest of your fans who were there in the shepherd empire @ your solo gig & everyone went wild with joy & happiness @ seeing our best friend singing his very own songs with pride.
tears rolled down my face that night, it was so special to see you that night, more than any other gig i had ever benn to.

i hope your collaboration with our Mart will last for many years to come, the 2 of you are simply magic...keep up & write more songs, people might not like them (or some of them) - one thing is for sure, you put your heart in them & that is what makes them SO special, for you & all of us too!!!

look after yourself & take it easy my friend..

with love & great respect always

rastagirl xxxxxx
I hope you like jamming too!!!:cool:
Rastagirl

Postby danka » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 am

I value my freedom of speech so I rarely post here. However, considering how jinxed you are this year, I decided I might add a few words here.
First of all, thanks for being with us even though you did not have to. Take care of yourself, I hope you are feeling much better by now.

And, since I'm already posting here, have taken a look up above me in this topic and shuddered in horror. Dear Dave... Be yourself, for yourself, no-one can tell you what to do and who to associate with, I'm sure you know that, and I hope you can forget arrogance of some. Thank you for the best album I've heard in my life, Hourglass, which surpasses all Depeche albums. I've been a fan for 20 years, been here and there as far as music I've listened to go. DM fans - for most - seem to not be able to overcome the conflicts of interest: they want you in DM ONLY, but I know for sure there are quite a few, including myself, who appreciate your talent, so please, if you feel like it, make another solo soon.

Well, I hope to see you on stage in good shape in Atlanta this summer, I'll wear my Hourglass shirt with pride, no matter what DM fans think.
danka

Postby Pelicanito » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:07 am

danka wrote:I value my freedom of speech so I rarely post here.

Don't mistake the rules for censorship.
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Postby Steven_PSN-14 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Just an few words...

KEEP IT UP DAVE!!!!!!

Your work is awesome both in-and-outside Depeche Mode!!
Steven_PSN-14
DMMB Member

Previous

Return to Hourglass forum