Dear Dave Gahan

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby ali190175 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I agree with all of you !

I saw Dave's solo show in Montreal and he is incredible, fantantastic close to his fans. I believe that DM will never be DM today without the involvement of Dave. It is the soul, the passion, the voice and the motor of DM.

And I met Dave aslo and he was very nice !

Dave, continue your projects, your implication on DM we need you so much and we LOVE YOU !
I'm French, sorry about my English
Fan since 1986
ali190175

Postby artan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 am

i dont think there's a bigger fan of DM than me :mrgreen:
artan

Postby artan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:45 am

i'd love to make a duet with dave haha { thats inpossible :P }
artan

Postby chillnatalie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 pm

artan wrote:i'd love to make a duet with dave haha { thats inpossible :P }

seriously.
Like you know whatever
chillnatalie

Postby artan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:45 am

artan

Postby dmjovana » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I think that Hourglass is a fantastic album!:)
Thank you Dave for your amazing music!
dmjovana

Postby Lada » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:35 pm

well done Dave for the things you've done ''going solo''... brilliant lyrics... great stuff altogether!

take care of your lovely self :)
Lada

Postby amystar79 » Sun May 03, 2009 3:36 am

thank you so much for your amazing music! Its a great inspiration to me and has gotten me through some real life stuff booth good and bad. I really hope/look forward to your next solo project :D
amystar79

The right time and the right place ......... !!!!

Postby weetum » Mon May 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Dave - it was great to hear you talking with " our Jools " the other night :)... very touching to hear you thanking that guy ( who's now deceased ) for giving you your first break ! Who knows what would have happened if he had changed his mind, hm ? :cool: Maybe when you DID eventually get to play, Daniel Miller wouldn't have been there .... :confused:

I very much enjoyed your contributions to the SOTU DVD .... your candid revelation about writing lyrics to one of Mart's songs is my favourite part of the whole DVD ! :) You also play a mean game of table football, it seems ! ;)

Keep on writing PLEASE, for DM or for yourself - you have so much talent to share with us all !!! AND - - - - so many of your recent songs evoking painful situations have " touched nerves " with me, and MANY other members of this site. :o
weetum

Postby -101- » Mon May 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Dear Dave:

I won't comment about your writing skills, I think you largely deserve the right to express your ideas in the way you want/can. But what I can't understand is why you've chosen to Christian Eigner and Andrew Phillpott to put music for your DM songs, I'm sure they're capable musicians whom have made some good tunes for your solo works [I bloody love Saw Something] and even for PTA [Suffer Well, Nothing's Impossible], but why you've accepted Hole to feed for a Depeche Mode album? And Miles Away? I don't understand how these got included, specially HTF. If I were you, and for the sake of DM, I'd hire one member of Mesh to bless a DM album again with anthemic, epical, layered, complex, melody-richful, industrial, rockier songs, as these guys have learned very well how to bring back most of the elements that made Depeche Mode such a great band, the same elements that DM have been consistently losing since Ultra.

Please, keep your ego and your current musicians away from DM next time. With all my love and knowing that this is a pointless note that won't even calm my deception.
facebook.com/depeche
-101-

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum