Dear Dave Gahan

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Dear Dave Gahan

Postby gahan_fiend » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:05 am

Dave,

I just seen an interview you did(not sure when it originally aired) where you were talking about some of the harsh things that you read(or heard about), that Depeche Mode fans had written about your solo albums on your forum. I just wanted you to know(if you do read this) that I for one really love and enjoy both your solo albums! Your music invokes such a strong musical and emotional impact in me. This is done both with your amazing voice and your very honest lyrics. As a singer/songwriter I can think of no bigger accomplishment. I just wanted you to know that despite the negative things said, you do have fans out there(like me) who really do love your solo stuff. Thanks so much for your wonderful music, I hope we get more of it in the future!

P.S I seen you live in Toronto for the PM tour...best concert ever!
gahan_fiend

Postby Miss Tick » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:35 am

Beautiful post, gahan_fiend!
I agree with you on the whole ( except maybe about Paper Monsters which I'm not too fond of...).
Thanks Dave for the beautiful Hourglass. I too hope we get more of your music in the future. :)
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby Angel81 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 am

That's a nice thread! I also really love both solo albums of Dave and I enjoy listening to them!

Dave, congratulations to them! I hope for more in the future!

Yvonne
Angel81

Postby ziggyzigzig » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:56 am

Absolutely agree on how good Dave's solo stuff is.

Dear Dave please don't be disheartened by this, if they don't like it then you can't win them all but for the rest of us (THE MAJORITY) we love it and support you 100%. (A tour in London would be nice - hey had to get that one in - we live in hope).

Keep up the good work, I know having Paper Monsters and Hourglass has enriched my life (OK sounds psycho but you know what I mean), a humble thank you does not really say it enough but it's the best I can do. THANKS DAVE
ziggyzigzig

Postby Boadicea » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Dave congratulations on a fantastic album! Anyone who has heard Hourglass, and can then criticize it, obviously wasn't really Listening to it. All the best for the future.
Boadicea

Postby Boadicea » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Dave congratulations on a fantastic album! Anyone who has heard Hourglass, and can then criticize it, obviously wasn't really Listening to it. All the best for the future.
Boadicea

Postby Voilà! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Hello Dave,

Not sure at all that you will have time to read us as you are probably very busy at the moment with Hourglass promotion, but I join here to say the same, that I love your work, your wonderfull voice and spirit, and I love your songs. Very often I love to play your songs and DM's ones on my guitar, and I'm waiting for a tour to come and listen to you in a concert!!!
I didnt't hear the interview but anyway, just think that you can't please to everybody, but that doesn't matter, as we, your fans, will follow you and love your work forever! :p Oh yeahhh!!!

Kisses

Voilà!
Voilà!

Postby Candice » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Dear Dave,

I love your music and your voice. You have done an outstanding job with both of your solo albums. THANK YOU, DAVE!!
Our bodies moving, with pure precision:p
Candice

Postby Princess Twinkle » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Dave,
Your music has enriched my life. What more can I say. Please...Give us more!:D
I'm trembling, you heal me.
Princess Twinkle

Postby ultrasara » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Dave,

Hourglass is fantastic, the sound is so fresh and creative, i love it and having it playing at home and in the car everyday! I wanna add also that the track "love will leave" on the new single completely blew me away, i dont have the words to do it justice right now but the vocals and melody sent shivers up my spine.

Keep on doing exactly what your doing Dave
ultrasara

Next

Return to Hourglass forum