How would you feel if Dave stayed a solo artist??

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby NataliaCarla » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:24 am

gahan_fiend wrote:I wouldn't care one way or the other. I love DG either as DM or as solo. He is great any way I can get him LOL! :D

I´m agree
NataliaCarla

Postby DCamacho » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:48 am

please NO!
Dave is very very good as a solo artist.. I love Paper Monsters and Horglass and, obviosly, I'm waith for the next one but..
I LOVE DM.. and DM without Dave is not DM..
[align=center]»» [B]ALL THE HEAVEN'S IN MOTION ««

[/B][/align]
DCamacho

Postby amanda78 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:28 am

Hey, the Hourglass CD was really good, and even surprised me, but honestly, DM is DM. Dave Gahan is fabulous, but the magic occurs when they are together.
amanda78

Postby yeah*right » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 am

How sweet you all are, talking about love and music! Are you not thinking right? DM WILL reform. DM is a money machine, that's why.

I have no idea how much the personal fortunes are of all of the members, and yes, by the standards of the likes of you and me, they have enough money, probably, to last the rest of their lives in comfort. But... they have lifestyles and images to maintain, families to support, they have probably put quite a lot of their own money into their solo projects, and likely have only lived half their lifespan as human beings. This is their career. They are not going to let DM go if there is strong new material to be expolited! I refer you to the lyrics of Everything Counts. It's not just a song, it's a credo.

The holiday was fun-packed/The contract still intact.

They will be back. I am sure Mart as some songs he's already written for Dave and it's just a question of calling him up.... maybe we could get a sneaky peek at Mart's speed dial?
You know I like it when you put up a fight.
yeah*right

Postby Tonia_90 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:19 pm

I bit or a lot bitter i guess but you know we have to respect their desicions.. As said solo albums are side projects and really i don't think that that would happen.... And yes of course without Dave there's not Depeche Mode, at least the DM we know and we love...
Unpredictable like the Sun...And the Rainfall...
Tonia_90

Postby kathyc » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:44 pm

I would cry, and cry and cry...That would, for me, be the end of Depeche. I still love Martin and Andy, but the 3 magically make it so beautiful. Dave is a GREAT solo artist, but I hope he never leaves Depeche!
The stars in the sky bring tears to my eyes...
kathyc

Postby kathyc » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:50 pm

I would cry and cry. Depeche, for me is the three of them and I cant imagine him not being in the band.:confused:
The stars in the sky bring tears to my eyes...
kathyc

Postby Dm-angel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:23 pm

I would be very upset if or when dm stopped makeing wonderfull music.But we must remember thay have lifes outside music.They have given us over 27 years of their lifes.They are so generous to share there feeling with all of us.
Dm-angel

Postby noelmor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 am

I totally agree with you.
noelmor

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum