How would you feel if Dave stayed a solo artist??

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby angel of insight » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:55 am

Miss Tick wrote:I love Hourglass,I love Dave,but I'd be pissed if he stayed as a solo artist,if he wasn't in DM anymore,if it was the end of DM-then I'd be sad too.I'd love to see the new DM songs written by Dave and Mart together-not 50% each,but most songs as a writing team,and some by Dave,some by Martin.And a solo album once in a while maybe...

I totally agree with you. I really love Hourglass. And I don't think of it as "the filler" until the next DM album. It is what it is: a great solo album. But to have No Depeche Mode? I'd be inconsoleable! I think a great musician is one who can have an identity within a very successful band and as a solo artist as well.
angel of insight

Postby lucybuilding » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:19 pm

NO!!!!i don't wont dave only like a soloist.. i'd like his work but i can't think depeche mode without dave!!
lucybuilding

Postby DolnaM » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Although there are some interesting replies here I have to agree with RAX. Status quo seems to be perfect. Why speculate on what should happen.

IMO at this point DM is a collaboration between Dave and Martin (Fletch and somewhat the rest of the people who come and go). You take away either and you are left with a skeleton that is not the same any more.
Experiences have a lasting impression
DolnaM

Postby Guinevere » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Most of us agree that Dave would never go solo at least not for now. Maybe one day when and or if DM stop and Dave could do some work in his later years, who knows.
Guinevere

Postby Denise » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:11 pm

If Dave is happy, I'm happy. Whatever his decision, I'll be there to give my full support.
Denise
DMMB Survivor

Postby katdm » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:05 am

i don't know....a part of me will listen to his solo project,and the other part will cry becaure dm is over
but dm it's not over[yet].....so we don't need to worry
„Look at you all, with your hands up to a song you don't even know.”
katdm
DMMB Survivor

Postby Teodolinda » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:55 pm

I would support Dave anyway, but I prefer thinking of him as the DM frontman, even if I firmly believe that he is a great songwriter too, and not only an amazing singer.
The one who lives more lives than one, more deaths than one must die...
Teodolinda

Postby Ed'votional » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:46 pm

I like Dave in solo but its not the same impact to DM . Thats like Martin Solo album.
" Like a Halo in Reverse "
Ed'votional

Postby Seeman » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:44 am

I think, Dave must be always part of Depeche Mode, from other side he can do projects, collaborations and feats
Seeman

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum