How would you feel if Dave stayed a solo artist??

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby Satellite of faith » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:45 pm

Leliel wrote:Uh, since when? Depeche Mode has never been a one-man show. They are what they are because of the collaboration of people within it and the people they work with, regardless of how good of a song-writer Mart is. It's uncommon for a Martin demo to remain exactly as it was when he initially wrote it. Creative input from others is what pushes those great ideas forward into the awesome songs we know and love. Case in point example: Enjoy the Silence would not be what it is today if it weren't for Alan and Flood's input.

However, regardless of contributors and producers, Depeche Mode's sound does have a core, but that is Martin AND Dave. Without the chemistry between the two the band would not be the same. Dave brings his interpretation of Martin's songs and feelings to the table. Even Martin has said that there are a lot of songs he feels just don't fit his own voice; songs that are best with Dave's.

Oh yea!I totaly agry with that.Sorry I didn't put it right forth.I ment Martin's SONGS is dm.As Dave's voice is also dm!They're both charismatic in their posts.Dave is also the reason why dm is one of the best bands live!But songwriting is Martin's job.No one can do it better so why change it? ;)
There's no doubt, I'm one of the devout...
Satellite of faith

Postby Satellite of faith » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:55 pm

DM: Dave--->icon
Martin--->soul
Fletch---->skeleton
Alan----->brain
There's no doubt, I'm one of the devout...
Satellite of faith

Postby ryan mc govern » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 pm

DM_Fan wrote:I've been thinking a lot about this since the release of the new album. To be honest I didn't expect it to be as good as it is..I LOVE it and much as I'd love to see DM release a new album, I'd be equally as happy if Dave stayed as a solo artist. If DM do release a new album, I'd also love to see 50% of the songs written by Dave and 50% by Martin. Any thoughts?? :confused:

no!!!!!!!!!!!
martin is what makes dave so good:D
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby ryan mc govern » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 pm

& plus the pta tour must of made a fortune so im sure he will go back to the BIG pay cheque 2.5 million people saw them
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby blackangel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:34 pm

What a nightmare thought! I love his second album, more than Paper Monsters, but I think DM wouldnt be the same without Dave! I agree with him writing songs for a new DM album too. But he is definetaly THE VOICE of DM! I think if he ever left the band, that would be the end of DM.
people are people
blackangel

Postby drdmfan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:55 pm

DM without Dave or Martin is like...I don't know...I can't even imagine it... I'm convinced people would cling on the image of DM and continue to support both of them if they chose to continue solo, but to be honest it would be like a death, to see DM split in two. They're perfect together, apart...they lose something...let's hope we'll never have to see that. :o
drdmfan

Postby pam29 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:14 pm

No,no,no I dont think Dave should go solo. That wont last. I listen to DM not Dave gahan. Martin is writing and Dave is singing , good. Idont think Dm fans will start to listen to his solo albums, because its not Depeche. Easy!!

Pam from Sweden!!!
pam29

Postby guncha » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:38 pm

I don't like DG solo. I wouldn't be very happy if he had done that. I am not very interested to see DG solo because I don't think his songs are good. Therefore, it is very likely that I wouldn't follow his solo career.
guncha
DMMB Veteran

Postby little flower » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 pm

If he continued like this there would be a huge chance his solo would go in strange ways and instead of having an electronic Dave we could started to hear something like Porcupine Tree:p but is just a thought,well anyways i would love to see what happens next:)
«I'm a missionary»
little flower

Postby RAX » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:15 am

^ Please, no..... :eek:

We should all be glad. It doesn't matter right now if you like or dislike th solo stuff. Whether you're a Gahan-fiend or gorgeous for Gore, remember...here, at the moment, we have the best of both worlds
[B]It's OK. I'm from the Internet.[/B]
RAX

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum