How would you feel if Dave stayed a solo artist??

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

How would you feel if Dave stayed a solo artist??

Postby DM_Fan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:26 pm

I've been thinking a lot about this since the release of the new album. To be honest I didn't expect it to be as good as it is..I LOVE it and much as I'd love to see DM release a new album, I'd be equally as happy if Dave stayed as a solo artist. If DM do release a new album, I'd also love to see 50% of the songs written by Dave and 50% by Martin. Any thoughts?? :confused:
DM_Fan
DMMB Member

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!

Postby Miss Tick » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 pm

I love Hourglass,I love Dave,but I'd be pissed if he stayed as a solo artist,if he wasn't in DM anymore,if it was the end of DM-then I'd be sad too.I'd love to see the new DM songs written by Dave and Mart together-not 50% each,but most songs as a writing team,and some by Dave,some by Martin.And a solo album once in a while maybe...
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby Leliel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Sure, I'd be sad, but I'd support Dave if he was reasonable about it. Depends on the situation.

But really, I don't think we need to worry about it. Dave, Oct. 2007: "Naaah, Depeche Mode's never over!"
And Then... a Depeche Mode Blog

"Everybody's got wings..." -Dave Gahan
Leliel

Postby acinommoni » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:58 pm

I'd support Dave as a solo artist but I can't think DM without one of its members.
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby ReyV » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Well

Gahan is a great artist, this new record is very good, and i would support him if he went into solo only, but i dont think it would be a good thing for him to do.
And music wise, Depeche Mode does have more quality than Gahan on solo, however i do love his last album, its good stuff, no question about it, but he would never be as sucessfull on solo as he is being part of the Mode.

None of the boys are better alone than the band alltogether, Alan included.
ReyV

Postby gahan_fiend » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:53 pm

I wouldn't care one way or the other. I love DG either as DM or as solo. He is great any way I can get him LOL! :D
gahan_fiend

Postby Miss Tick » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:01 am

acinommoni wrote:I'd support Dave as a solo artist but I can't think DM without one of its members.

Forgot to say that I'd support him too :D
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby blackrain » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:11 am

I don't think it would be a good career move just yet. I think the band as a whole still have some great music to produce and overall they make better music together.

As much as I love 'Hourglass' and I would myself support Dave I would still prefer a DM album anyday.
blackrain

Postby LEnihilator » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:42 am

I' d feel that this must be making him happier and I am all for this.
Which wouldnt take away the pain of my favorite band and singer taking different paths
LEnihilator
DMMB Veteran

Postby RAX » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:53 am

blackrain wrote:I don't think it would be a good career move just yet. I think the band as a whole still have some great music to produce and overall they make better music together.

As much as I love 'Hourglass' and I would myself support Dave I would still prefer a DM album anyday.

I'd agree with this entirely. The whole truly is greater than its parts
[B]It's OK. I'm from the Internet.[/B]
RAX

Next

Return to Hourglass forum