"kingdom" on tv show Moonlight

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

"kingdom" on tv show Moonlight

Postby miniMODE » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:25 am

My dad was watching some weird TV show the other night called Moonlight. It's some kind of modern day vampire show. And the end of the show leading up to the credits they played Kingdom, from Start to pretty much Finish (not sure if it was the whole song.)

I guess the show isn't very popular, no one else has mentioned it. But I was surprised. I even asked my dad while it was playing.... "dad, does that voice sound familiar???" He guessed DM, same voice...
I don't care if your going nowhere, just take good care of the world.....
miniMODE

Location: Los Angeles, Hello My name is Tumara, and I'm a DEPECHE-aholic.....

Postby lolita » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:29 am

I watch "Moonlight" and I heard it too, have not even heard it on the radio up here in Sacramento, but it was nice to hear it on TV!!!
lolita

Postby joshua's halo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

I watch that show, it's fairly new (first season). I like it! I like it even more now. At the end, my hears knew what they were hearing--it took my mind a bit to process cause I just couldn't believe it! About 2 mins after that I came one here to post this on the dm forum -someone had already beaten me to it! It made my night to hear Kingdom on a new show.:cool:
I SURRENDER HEART AND SOUL. SACRIFICED TO A HIGHER GOAL.
joshua's halo

Postby Leliel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:20 am

lolita wrote:I watch "Moonlight" and I heard it too, have not even heard it on the radio up here in Sacramento, but it was nice to hear it on TV!!!

It's been played several times.. my friend has heard it multiple times on KWOD while she's been at work during the day. ;)
And Then... a Depeche Mode Blog

"Everybody's got wings..." -Dave Gahan
Leliel

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:36 am

Never heard of the TV show, but any promotion on TV is good promotion. :)
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby Strangezinner » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm

I was sitting next to my parents we were watching Moonlight and when I heard Kingdom..my mother look at me and say: DM?? mm...?? , no only Dave, DAVE O_o!!
Strangezinner

Postby Hailey2oooo9 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:10 am

Strangezinner wrote:I was sitting next to my parents we were watching Moonlight and when I heard Kingdom..my mother look at me and say: DM?? mm...?? , no only Dave, DAVE O_o!!

haha, i did the same thing. i actually mentioned this somewheres else, didnt know there was a thread. cool. moonlight rules btw.
something calls me, from a dark place
Hailey2oooo9
DMMB Survivor

Postby newborn01 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 pm

Just saw it on TV here in Australia too! Was extremely lucky, as I'd never watched the show before. The song matched the scene well - it played an extended intro then stopped just before the chorus.

Admittedly for me it was the highlight of the program :P
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby carolinap » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:39 pm

It's old news, I know. But I had the pleasure to see it just now, and I heard the song too! First I wondered: Is that Dave? And then it came to me! It is! And I looked the album up and can't stop playing it now.
carolinap

Return to Hourglass forum