How do you like hourglass now?

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby hanne berit kongsvik » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:25 am

A littel bit better every day...............................................
hanne berit kongsvik

Postby world in my eyes » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:34 am

I misplaced my HG cd, but just recently found it and just played it tonight. I still like it. I am looking forward to the HG Remixes. I will definely get this. I usually love remixes because they are usually more dance.
world in my eyes

Postby the entangled stare » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:01 am

I just cannot get over how unreal Kingdom is. Seriously.
the entangled stare

Postby Mr. PipeLine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:32 pm

The first few numbers of the CD is amazing and unbelieveble good..but then it gets boring...I know it sad to say. Dave is so talented and has so much experience and knowledge, and therefore I am disapointed that so many of the numbers are so boring as in sleepy mode, its like he has made a good meaningful text, but they dont know how to build up a wauw experience of a melody around it - and then the tracks goes boring.
But then again better a couple of briliant good new numbers, then nothing. So end of the day Im happy with that.
I so much love all of Martins solo projects, so therefor I prefer Dave in Depeche mode and the solo projects from Martin Gore - The genius.
-taking from the greedy,
giving to the needy
Mr. PipeLine

Postby Mr. PipeLine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:48 pm

Dave has given more life and energy to the musik industry than most humanbeings on earth. So I dont really care if there are a few tracks that seems dogy for me, knowing that it is loved by others. Anyway thank you lord for good entertainment from Dave and Martin
-taking from the greedy,
giving to the needy
Mr. PipeLine

Postby ultrasillygirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:14 am

At first, I just liked Kingdom lol!!!
But as I kept listening, I strated to love it more and more.

I love the album!
Great job, Dave!
ultrasillygirl

Postby Depechebrode » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:05 am

I lived in oregon when it was released, they dont have good radio or anything there, i have been out of internet or any good channels on t.v. i was going through a divorce living in a motel at the time. Then one day i was at work painting a house, i was taking a break and messing with my cell phone then all of a sudden i stumbled across Kingdom as a ringer, it was about a month before the album was released, I was freakin out estaticly happy!! well Kingdom was all i had to hear and it was on my crappy cell phone and it had to grow on me. When i bought the album in october i was Blown away! Hourglass Is Bitchen! It really identifies with me, Alot. I love all the songs, its very strange, maybe i am wierd but some of the songs really hit home to the T'.
*Kingdom/video~ reminds me of an incident during my divorce with the police car out side my house, the house, was my kingdom, the color of the house in the video looks like my old house.
*Saw something~reminds me of the trials and tribulations that i was going through during 2007, seperating from my wife and depression me just sitting doing nothing still trying to move on from all the hurt and loss, still wishing i could go back in time and change free will and have my love back at least pretend, she was my best friend.
*Down~reminds me of how desperatly lonely i have become weak and depressed, without anyone around anymore,trying to make it through the day still wishing i had my wife to comfort me and be beside me even if we didnt say a word to each other.
*Use You~reminds me of when during my separtion i had lost everything i had and i ended up living with my brother in law in some strange house where we shared a room i became so weak i didnt even want to leave my room but i couldnt stand being there in that place and how bad i had to get out, during that time my brother in law would use each other to each better ourselves and situation. So wrenched with anxiety and stressed i was. Hourglass. a great album for me.:D
Open the door it's only me:cool:
Depechebrode

Postby woundsarenthealing » Fri May 16, 2008 1:48 pm

I Love Kingdom, really like Saw Something and cannot get into the other songs, two or three of them I have to skip, they are just noisy without any perceptible melody. I will keep trying. But I really do love Kingdom, that is already an all-time favourite!
woundsarenthealing
DMMB Survivor

Postby nostalgicfashion » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am

It has a few great songs. And a few that are alright. Like Dave said they were just messing around. So it is kinda A demo. while paper monsters is complete were every song is amazing. We are lucky to get hourglass. But saw something and kingdom are very very good. As well as love will leave you. It is more of what I expected from Dave. Where paper monsters was just crazy good. From a guy that never wrote a song in his life. It just goes to show what Depeche mode is capable of doing if Martin and Dave could really get together and write songs. Cause I think Martin is at his peak. It just needs to snap togther.
"They say you will never care for me"
nostalgicfashion
DMMB Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum