How do you like hourglass now?

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby Apres Mode » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:59 pm

Its Fab!
Apres Mode :cool: - stripped down to the bone-
Apres Mode

Postby haloxx » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:51 pm

I still haven't heard the whole album,but I do like what I've heard so far.
Kingdom has been played quite a few times....and speaking about Kingdom the vid is very interesting ;) it actually reminded me of an episode of ''Friends'',when Ross whitened his teath and then when he turned out the lights and smiled, they glowed in the dark :D it kept playing on my mind as Alan would say...
"Sugar? No thank you Turkish. I'm sweet enough."
haloxx
DMMB Veteran

Postby AintNoDisco » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:06 pm

I still love it. I have put in into a mixed playlist so I don't get burned out. I did try getting a couple radio stations in Boston to play it, but to no avail. It did get a mention on WFNX here after a DM song was played, "If you like DM you should check out Dave Gahan's solo album..." so on. They played a bunch of DM yesterday, so I called and thanked them.
Miracles, I admit, hasn't really grown on me. I really love Use You, Saw Something, well, pretty much the rest of it too! I sneak Hourglass songs in to the playlist at work in hopes of converts.
AintNoDisco

Postby Slavery Whip » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Compaired to PTA, I'm playing this one more....
Slavery Whip

Postby lucybuilding » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Dave sings same agressive songs.. in hourglass i prefer especially use you.. dave's aggressive is fantastic!! use you remember me "death of night" a little..
lucybuilding

Postby mamamakeup » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 pm

I agree totally with the comments here. I put Hourglass on in my car straight after buying it and was really disappointed. In fact, I was a bit more than upset. Then I left it for a while, went back and listened to it all the way through without any interruption and it felt different. It's a real grower and that is a sign of a really great album. I now love it.....I can't stop singing "Deeper and Deeper" and "use you" anywhere I can get away with it and I can bypass the not so fantastic lyrics. It's Dave doing his thing and he really does do it well. I do wish there had been more than ten tracks though....12 maybe? Or am I just being demanding??
mamamakeup
DMMB Veteran

Postby OneOfYou » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:43 pm

After listening to the album a few times, I realised that not only I grew to like the songs but I started "feeling" them. Each song is a masterpiece! Each song has its own character and this is so very personal. I can't stop listening to ther album in my car both on my way to and from work.
OneOfYou

Postby world in my eyes » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:59 am

Actually, there is something about this album, I still like, and I do play this everytime a guy visits me, and almost every day. I feel this Tears for Fears theme,&songs , which are intriguing, mostly in sound.
I have played this album, for guys who have never heard of DM, and who, also, don't really like DM. I have introduced this DG, CD to mostly metal heads, guys, and these guys seem to actually like this CD. For DM, Dave might be bringng more guys to like DM. These are the findings, from the World in my Eyes.
world in my eyes

Postby dreamonanita » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:58 pm

Amazing and different from all that music on charts.I admire to Dave.
dreamonanita

Well...

Postby Ine » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:17 pm

... after taking time to consider it /appreciate it/ ´taste it`;) & digest it:eek: :p *drum roll* I have come to the conclusion that ... *suspense* Yes, I agree with Martin;): HOURGLASS is MY Album of the Year:D :) :cool: ;)
------------------------------------------------
Ine

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum