How do you like hourglass now?

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

How do you like hourglass now?

Postby DM is a big part of life » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm

After listening to the album for a while I have found it to get better better. The writings are great as well as the music. Dave did a terrific job, this album is much better than Paper Monsters.

I haven't heard any airplay with the local stations in Seattle market (which would help to bring up the sales/ratings) but thats always the case with DM. As we know the radio stations plays to what gives them the ratings so they can sell ads to advertisers. I guess I am just going off here, just frustrated...Dave nor Dm gets the credit they deserve.

Dave NEEDS to tour...This will allow him to at least have a chance of geting some more airplay. This albumn is incredible, and Dave needs to take it to the next level!

Tony
DM is a big part of life

Postby _Treasure_ » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:07 pm

DM is a big part of life wrote:Dave NEEDS to tour...This will allow him to at least have a chance of geting some more airplay.

Yeah, probably a tour would help the promotion...

As for the album, I just confirm my very first impressions: some songs are wonderful (Saw Something and A Little Lie are masterpieces, especially their studio versions!).
The album is a great proof of a better songwriting and a better enthusiasm showed with searching amazing sounds and shaping nice atmospheres.

So it's quite strange that a tour has not been announced yet after 2-3 weeks since the release, but I strongly hope for 2008.
January would be a good month for a small tour which would please fans who are in love with the Hourglass. :)

Let's wait and see.
_Treasure_

Postby acinommoni » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:07 pm

usually when I buy a new album I listen to it during a month over and over. I love every single song from HOURGLASS!, great lyrics and sounds! Terrific joy by Dave!!
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby nadejda » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:10 am

Many of DM fans I've spoke to do not really understand this album at all.But it's not for me! I do LOVE this one-and I do belive-it's a great one. So many specific,tender words, such a colourful,sexual and exciting music!!! Ilove it! It gives me power to live & to love...So it's my opinion.
Sea of Sin,I'm swimming in;)
nadejda

Postby world in my eyes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:22 pm

I still played this album almost every day. I played it Saturday night for someone while doing his Tarot card reading and he really liked this album alot, and asked me for paper to write down more details about the album. He seem very interested in the album and he never even heard of DM or stayed long enough to hear any DM.
world in my eyes

Postby dryhal » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:27 pm

world in my eyes wrote:I still played this album almost every day. I played it Saturday night for someone while doing his Tarot card reading and he really liked this album alot, and asked me for paper to write down more details about the album. He seem very interested in the album and he never even heard of DM or stayed long enough to hear any DM.

Hopefully he buys it. Making new fans is always good.
A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later it adds up to real money.
dryhal
DMMB Veteran

Yep

Postby the entangled stare » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:02 pm

I totally feel that I like the album more and more, the more that I listen to it. It's probably because we're getting more of Dave in it and just like any other " New " artist you first listen to, you happen to enjoy the album once you have lsitened to it for a little bit. Our souls may have expected to hear a little DM right off of the bat.
the entangled stare

Postby Wyzdom » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:02 pm

The album did grow on me. I really like it in overall. The only thing that bothers me a little is the incredibly contrasting superiority of "Saw Something" and i simply cannot like "Miracles" for some reason. The song is just fucking plain boring and bad.

Other than that the album is nicely balanced and contains alot of good songs! It easily puts Paper Monsters to shame.
Wyzdom

Postby Boadicea » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:30 pm

I really like Hourglass- I have to admit some of the lyrics in some songs, make me feel really sad... not even sure why! A few lyrics have also given me mixed emotions, but like I said this is very good album- well done Dave!
Boadicea

Postby joshua's halo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:14 pm

acinommoni wrote:usually when I buy a new album I listen to it during a month over and over. I love every single song from HOURGLASS!, great lyrics and sounds! Terrific joy by Dave!!

Yup I do the same thing! With the exception of some lyrics, overall I can say I do like the album alot. I did from the beginning and it has grown on me since. I think it alot better than PM.
I SURRENDER HEART AND SOUL. SACRIFICED TO A HIGHER GOAL.
joshua's halo

Next

Return to Hourglass forum