Who Would Make for a Good Collaboration or as a New Band Mate for the Album/Tour?

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Who Would Make for a Good Collaboration or as a New Band Mate for the Album/Tour?

Postby ttg24v » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:01 am

Outside of the cliche "Martin or Alan" idea, Who Do You Think Would Make for a Good Collaboration or Band Mate for Daves Solo Band. Who would you like to hear or see.

I had a few thought s about who would do well with Dave and the album and/or tour.

I think that Johnny Marr would be a really good guitar player for both the album and tour..hes really good as part of a band, is very sensible in his style and has a lot to offer.

I also think a good FEMALE vocalist would add something special to a track or two, at the very least a female backup, any ideas who would sound good if any?
http://www.myspace.com/tautogg/photos
[url]facebook.com/tautogg[/url]
ttg24v
DMMB Survivor

Postby world in my eyes » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 am

This is not likely to happen. I would love to hear, lived, The Pet Shop Boys, keyboard palyer, CHRIS LOWE> , backing up on keyboards for either Martin or Dave's so called solo project. This man, Chris Lowe from the PSB, plays keyboard excellant in my opinion. This event is unlkikely to happen.
world in my eyes

Postby world in my eyes » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:12 am

I can't help my excitement, about this hopeful project. Chris Lowe, keyboard man from the PSB backing up a DM member really ecites me.
world in my eyes

Postby PlayingtheAngelTweeTimes » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:45 pm

Me.

:) hee hee
PlayingtheAngelTweeTimes

Postby thepechy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:09 am

Is there any information about Knox? He should be there.
thepechy

Postby ttg24v » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 am

thepechy wrote:Is there any information about Knox? He should be there.

I sure hope not, lol. He was probably busy trying out for Johnny Depps role as the lead in the new Pirates of the Carribean Movie.

Not to knock good 'ol Knox, his performance is unoriginal and he is boring, sort of like a piece of stale bread. He did sound good on the last album and live, but does not seem to show much of his own personality, more all about something else. :confused:
ttg24v
DMMB Survivor

Postby JaveDMode » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:28 pm

ttg24v wrote:I also think a good FEMALE vocalist would add something special to a track or two

I think that would sound too much like a duet. That wouldn't be a good thing.
Trust no one.

Fight the future.
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

Postby ttg24v » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:04 am

JaveDMode wrote:I think that would sound too much like a duet. That wouldn't be a good thing.

Really? I suppose that would be one way to do it. Not quite what I was picturing though, more of like backup here and there, or even just to stand around and look pretty.
ttg24v
DMMB Survivor

Postby Arda_BottleLiving » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:13 pm

ttg24v wrote:I sure hope not, lol. He was probably busy trying out for Johnny Depps role as the lead in the new Pirates of the Carribean Movie.

Not to knock good 'ol Knox, his performance is unoriginal and he is boring, sort of like a piece of stale bread. He did sound good on the last album and live, but does not seem to show much of his own personality, more all about something else. :confused:

could you please write that in my thread? "Knox or John" thats wat I ve been saying for centuries!!
Arda_BottleLiving

Postby JaveDMode » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:00 pm

ttg24v wrote:or even just to stand around and look pretty.

That sounds good! He should get 3 or 4, shoot, just get all female musicians to make up the band.
Trust no one.

Fight the future.
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

Next

Return to Hourglass forum