Predictions.

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby Ine » Mon May 28, 2007 4:04 pm

Beatmaster101 wrote:... also because of Eigner's very interesting first solo album.

WOW, is news to me!... Care to share some info on that:D ?
THANX!:p
------------------------------------------------
Ine

Postby Beatmaster101 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Ine wrote:WOW, is news to me!... Care to share some info on that:D ?
THANX!:p

He has released an album called Recovery just a couple of weeks after PTA release. ;)
Beatmaster101

Postby Ine » Tue May 29, 2007 1:42 am

Beatmaster101 wrote:He has released an album called Recovery just a couple of weeks after PTA release. ;)

A man in the know... how refreshing;) . THANKS!!!!:)
------------------------------------------------
Ine

Postby thepechy » Tue May 29, 2007 10:25 am

Ine wrote:Actually, Andrew Phillpott was involved in Exciter (and I think even before, but I can´t check that for the time being...)
Bye

It was a minor role. Actually, Knox had a minor role for Exciter as well. The most important things is that contribution to songwriting is by far more significant than contributions of P and K for pre-PTA DM records. Therefore, we can safely say that there is a very high risk of copying DM if Dave does songwriting with PTA people (we can even speculate that rejected PTA songs will be included in his solo album). I have also read that during PM solo tour Dave recorded some tracks with his band. I would appriciate those songs much more.
thepechy

Postby danka » Wed May 30, 2007 1:26 am

Hahah, come on, thepechy, be logical and reasonable ;) If Dave ever wanted to copy DM, he would have done it on PM. His musical tastes are nothing like DM at all, and I really expect something different, no matter how many of you actually hope for a copy of DM style (I know you're out there ;) :D)
danka

Postby thepechy » Wed May 30, 2007 8:01 am

danka wrote:Hahah, come on, thepechy, be logical and reasonable ;) If Dave ever wanted to copy DM, he would have done it on PM. His musical tastes are nothing like DM at all, and I really expect something different, no matter how many of you actually hope for a copy of DM style (I know you're out there ;) :D)

If Dave's musical taste were so different then he wouldn't have been a member of the band for more than 25 years. He uses electronic sounds in his records and we all know that he loves DM songs very much...
thepechy

Postby Arda_BottleLiving » Wed May 30, 2007 4:59 pm

thepechy wrote:If Dave's musical taste were so different then he wouldn't have been a member of the band for more than 25 years. He uses electronic sounds in his records and we all know that he loves DM songs very much...

he likes the white stripes and pj harvey... how non-synthesizer could one get?
:) :)
Arda_BottleLiving

Postby distilled water » Wed May 30, 2007 6:46 pm

Actually if i remember correctly, Dave Gahan has quoted to say, during DM's "EXCITER" press conference as saying" Martin is his Soul Mate when it comes to writing music". I believe that was on i saw it on the Archives, and downloaded it. Anyway, just a note FYI!!
You know how hard it is for me ,to shake the Disease".........:rolleyes:
distilled water

Postby danka » Wed May 30, 2007 9:47 pm

Arda_BottleLiving wrote:he likes the white stripes and pj harvey... how non-synthesizer could one get?
:) :)

Thanks for pointing that out. I was about to do so :D :p
danka

Postby JaveDMode » Thu May 31, 2007 8:54 pm

I have it on high authority that Dave is in the middle of making the next 'A Broken Frame', it's gonna be analog synth heaven. Too bad thepechy.
Trust no one.

Fight the future.
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

PreviousNext

Return to Hourglass forum