Predictions.

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Predictions.

Postby Arda_BottleLiving » Fri May 25, 2007 3:05 pm

The solo project of Dave has been announced. Any predictions whatsoever (without speculating surely!)
Arda_BottleLiving
 

Postby danka » Fri May 25, 2007 4:19 pm

( http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=3795&z=98 ) -- we sort of know who's working with him... Philpott and Eigner both involved in writing/recording... Sounds interesting, doesn't it. If he finds an equally good person to finish the job, even sceptics might have a something to look forward to, not just Dave's fans.
danka
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 7:07 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby thepechy » Mon May 28, 2007 9:31 am

danka wrote:( http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=3795&z=98 ) -- we sort of know who's working with him... Philpott and Eigner both involved in writing/recording... Sounds interesting, doesn't it. If he finds an equally good person to finish the job, even sceptics might have a something to look forward to, not just Dave's fans.

I want DG sound, not DM sound. P and E might not be good news because DG might be accused of copying DM.
thepechy
 

Postby danka » Mon May 28, 2007 12:15 pm

thepechy wrote:I want DG sound, not DM sound. P and E might not be good news because DG might be accused of copying DM.

However Philpott worked on C2, and I haven't noticed (not that I paid too much attention though, ;)) that Martin was accused of anything like that.
I don't think it's possible for Dave's solo to sound anything like DM at all. He wouldn't let it happen and I think it's great :D
danka
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 7:07 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby thepechy » Mon May 28, 2007 1:19 pm

danka wrote:However Philpott worked on C2, and I haven't noticed (not that I paid too much attention though, ;)) that Martin was accused of anything like that.
I don't think it's possible for Dave's solo to sound anything like DM at all. He wouldn't let it happen and I think it's great :D

Philpott hadn't worked on DM projects before C2. Therefore, there was no point of accusing Martin.
thepechy
 

Postby Arda_BottleLiving » Mon May 28, 2007 3:29 pm

knox sucks, others (Eigner Philpott) rule.
nuff said.
Arda_BottleLiving
 

Postby Ine » Mon May 28, 2007 3:35 pm

thepechy wrote:Philpott hadn't worked on DM projects before C2. Therefore, there was no point of accusing Martin.


Actually, Andrew Phillpott was involved in Exciter (and I think even before, but I can´t check that for the time being...)
Bye
------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Ine
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 am

Postby danka » Mon May 28, 2007 3:37 pm

thepechy wrote:Philpott hadn't worked on DM projects before C2. Therefore, there was no point of accusing Martin.


still C2 had its own sound. Nothing after that sounded anything similar. Your point doesn't stick too much. Sorry.
danka
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 7:07 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby Ine » Mon May 28, 2007 3:49 pm

danka wrote: Your point doesn't stick too much. Sorry.


I agree. Plus artist "X" working for different projects or artist "X" working in different collaborations can -and most likely WILL- produce different styles/types/qualities of materials!!! That´s what makes collaborations between artists so great. It´s not math. It´s more than the sum of its parts... IMHO:)
------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Ine
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 am

Postby Beatmaster101 » Mon May 28, 2007 3:56 pm

The quality of the songs those 3 (Dave, Eigner and Philpott) worked for PTA is a very positive indication for the forthcoming album. I strongly hope for a much better album because of this collaboration.

And it's not only because of Philpott's strong background (not only with DM) but also because of Eigner's very interesting first solo album.
User avatar
Beatmaster101
 
Posts: 3825
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Athens, Greece

Next

Return to Hourglass forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests