The rules of this area of the forum!

In this area of the Depeche Mode Message Board, you can post links to remixes that you have done of Depeche Mode.

Where cab I post fab videos?

Postby garfield-dm » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Ok, fan remixes are here. But what about fan videos?
garfield-dm
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 am

Postby fakerass » Sat May 03, 2008 5:32 pm

great links fellas.
fakerass
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Postby skinndj » Mon May 05, 2008 12:31 pm

I believe there are fan videos on you tube. There is a great video of Blasphemous Rumours. I hope it's still there.
User avatar
skinndj
DMMB Survivor
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: Spring Hill, Florida

Postby depman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Anyone know what happened to kaiser?
Haven't seen him update since the end of july
DM Veteran.
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!!
COYS
User avatar
depman
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:23 am
Location: west sussex,England

Deleted Remixes

Postby Menace » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Does anybody know why so many remixes got deleted from here, like my remix of "Shake the disease"?
Menace
ignoring the F.A.Q.
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Postby chengdu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 am

Menace wrote:Does anybody know why so many remixes got deleted from here, like my remix of "Shake the disease"?


The mix is still here, its probably your settings (for example show threads from last month) that is tricking you, it was for me, all of a sudden a lot of older mixes were gone and I couldnt understand why.

Your mix is here.

Daniel
User avatar
chengdu
DMMB Elder
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Seoul, Korea

Postby kittypro » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:09 pm

garfield-dm wrote:Ok, fan remixes are here. But what about fan videos?


I see this is an old question, but I don't see an answer. With all the latest YouTube issues I've had (and others I know as well) with music copyrights, exactly what is the ruling on the posting of fan videos on this site? If they are hosted privately and not loaded on to a publicly streaming site such as YouTube, are links permitted? Just curious. I'm an amateur fan video editor. I have nothing Depeche Mode at the time that I would want to share, but for future reference, I'd like to know what the feelings are about fan videos using DM songs. I have a few ideas kicking around upstairs. But I'd never want to post anything here that was verboten. My stuff is all not for profit, entertainment purposes only, done on my laptop using clips I rip from commercially produced DVD's and music I have purchased by legal means, whether I own the CD or bought a download.

Thanks, and I respect whatever decision you make. Just thought I'd ask first.

Cheers!

kitty
I just can't get enough.
User avatar
kittypro
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:06 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby kittypro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Really would like an answer. Don't mean to be a pest.
I just can't get enough.
User avatar
kittypro
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:06 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby druidess63 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:11 pm

DM makes the best DM remixes. That discovery (for me) came with the DM Remixed album.

I bought software and I'm still learning it but I can't wait to get my feet wet (per say) and learn to do some remixes. I have TONS of ideas.
"I still believe in love at first sight- nothings impossible".
User avatar
druidess63
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Misery (ahem Missouri)

Postby druidess63 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

kittypro wrote:I see this is an old question, but I don't see an answer. With all the latest YouTube issues I've had (and others I know as well) with music copyrights, exactly what is the ruling on the posting of fan videos on this site? If they are hosted privately and not loaded on to a publicly streaming site such as YouTube, are links permitted? Just curious. I'm an amateur fan video editor. I have nothing Depeche Mode at the time that I would want to share, but for future reference, I'd like to know what the feelings are about fan videos using DM songs. I have a few ideas kicking around upstairs. But I'd never want to post anything here that was verboten. My stuff is all not for profit, entertainment purposes only, done on my laptop using clips I rip from commercially produced DVD's and music I have purchased by legal means, whether I own the CD or bought a download.

Thanks, and I respect whatever decision you make. Just thought I'd ask first.

Cheers!

kitty


That is a good idea and I would love to see it. I think the problem with 'video' is the material (not the song) would need to be your own. If you wanted to make a video but are using various other projects such as from movies then you would need permissions to use those images. But if you are allowed to make a remix DM song and use the song- then obviously that portion is okay. And if all the 'images' used are your own material then personally I don't see a problem with posting a link to it. Just don't use any copyright material without permissions. This is my opinion in the matter.
"I still believe in love at first sight- nothings impossible".
User avatar
druidess63
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Misery (ahem Missouri)

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Mixes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest