Anybody buying the TTA DM MP3 player?

Talk about tours here.

Anybody buying the TTA DM MP3 player?

Postby daveslave101 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:32 pm

http://www.depechemodemerch.com/001/index.php

This MP3 player looks nice, has anybody bought it yet? Compared to an iPot is it good value and easy to use?:icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf
daveslave101

Postby abspara » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:00 pm

It's cute, but your definately paying for the artwork and not the memory capacity.

That said, if I had the extra money, I'd probably buy one.
abspara
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby jedimiller » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:39 pm

How can I buy from that store if they only sell in euros?
jedimiller

Postby Oh wow » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:44 pm

jedimiller wrote:How can I buy from that store if they only sell in euros?

Surely if you use your credit card it would work.

There is probably an american site anyway.
Oh wow

Postby jedimiller » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:47 pm

Oh wow wrote:Surely if you use your credit card it would work.

There is probably an american site anyway.

American site doesn't sell all that stuff.
jedimiller

Postby Oh wow » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:00 pm

jedimiller wrote:American site doesn't sell all that stuff.

If you send me money, I will make the purchase for you
Oh wow

Postby jedimiller » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:08 pm

Oh wow wrote:If you send me money, I will make the purchase for you

I'll ask Jar Jar for the money.
jedimiller

Sony Walkman HD

Postby UselessAdvice » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:11 pm

Sorry - but 2 GB memory is not enough for a serious music fan. That will only hold about 500 songs (33 hours of music at MP3 128kbps).

I strongly recommend the 2005 Sony HD5 Walkman (20 GB) or if you can find it the 30 GB version (HD5H). This player has officially been discontinued by Sony - but you can still find some of them on sale at reduced price (like around 200 euros). Amazing battery life and sound quality compared to an iPod and it is fully compatible with MP3 and also the superior ATRACplus format. This means you can store up to 10 000 songs on the 20 GB player. SonicStage software is included with the player or latest version can be downloaded from Sony website. Other benefits are a rechargeable battery you can replace yourself (in case it ever needs to be replaced) and a "line out" audio option which means you can connect it to any kind of amplifier (also works very well with the aux input of my car stereo).

Here is an independent review and some pictures:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=3549&head=0

Since the above review was written, the SonicStage software has been improved. You can now download SonicStage 4.0 from Sony websites (free).

Personally I think that ATRACplus 64kbps files sound just fine. In laboratory tests it has been shown to sound as good as MP3 128kbps. But only half the file size!

I bought a silicone sleeve for my player (as an accessory) which protects it from scratches and also prevents the buttons from cracking.
:cool: Cool video & free download: Blind Side by Hybrid
UselessAdvice

Postby jedimiller » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:12 pm

UselessAdvice wrote:Sorry - but 2 GB memory is not enough for a serious music fan. That will only hold about 500 songs (33 hours of music at MP3 128kbps).

I strongly recommend the 2005 Sony HD5 Walkman (20 GB) or if you can find it the 30 GB version (HD5H). This player has officially been discontinued by Sony - but you can still find some of them on sale at reduced price (like around 200 euros). Amazing battery life and sound quality compared to an iPod and it is fully compatible with MP3 and also the superior ATRACplus format. This means you can store up to 10 000 songs on the 20 GB player. SonicStage software is included with the player or latest version can be downloaded from Sony website. Other benefits are a rechargeable battery you can replace yourself (in case it ever needs to be replaced) and a "line out" audio option which means you can connect it to any kind of amplifier (also works very well with the aux input of my car stereo).

Here is an independent review and some pictures:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=3549&head=0

Since the above review was written, the SonicStage software has been improved. You can now download SonicStage 4.0 from Sony websites (free).

Personally I think that ATRACplus 64kbps files sound just fine. In laboratory tests it has been shown to sound as good as MP3 128kbps. But only half the file size!

I bought a silicone sleeve for my player (as an accessory) which protects it from scratches and also prevents the buttons from cracking.

But UA, those are not official DM certified Mp3 players..It's just cool to have that DM version..
jedimiller

Postby UselessAdvice » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:41 pm

jedimiller wrote:But UA, those are not official DM certified Mp3 players..It's just cool to have that DM version..

OK so DM gets paid a couple of dollars every time we buy one of those players. That's an incentive for those who didn't already spend enough on DM this year! :icon_wink

But just be warned that even the 2 GB version doesn't have enough memory to hold all your DM albums, singles, remixes and live recordings.
:cool: Cool video & free download: Blind Side by Hybrid
UselessAdvice

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)