Planning for the next tour

Talk about tours here.

Planning for the next tour

Postby t.nehpets » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:49 pm

Hi all,

As I sit here listening to my download from the Toronto concert, I can't help be reminded about failed plans my wife and I had to see the shows in Berlin & Leipzig... had the airfare sorted out, hotels (hostels), etc... sadly, couldn't sort out the tix.

Next tour we want to do a "101" tour of our own. We figure we can get time off work to follow them for 4 or 5 shows - Europe of North America, doesn't really matter, we have passports and will travel :icon_wink .

My question to you is this, are there any resources to help with tickets?? Any chance the band could help if we got a bus full of people?
---
Steve
t.nehpets

Postby mode in my eyes » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:11 am

t.nehpets wrote:My question to you is this, are there any resources to help with tickets??

I went to 15 shows and never had a problem getting tickets, so I'm not really sure why you weren't able to find tickets. There are lots of resources...venue websites, ticketing agencies (such as Ticketmaster), ticket brokers, ebay, lots of people on this message board were selling tickets...if there's a will, there's always a way.
t.nehpets wrote:Any chance the band could help if we got a bus full of people?

No. Seriously? No. Why should they give tickets to people just because they travel by bus?
A viscious appetite visits me each night
mode in my eyes

Postby mode in my eyes » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:12 am

Oh, and I forgot to say WELCOME! :)
A viscious appetite visits me each night
mode in my eyes

Postby jedimiller » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:21 am

I'm gonna need more money next time. maybe get a depeche mode account or something.
jedimiller

Postby Knightwolf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:46 am

jedimiller wrote:I'm gonna need more money next time. maybe get a depeche mode account or something.

Same here. Need xtra money to buy that exspensive merchandise. I just hope there will be a "next time" for Depeche Mode.
Knightwolf

Season tickets?

Postby t.nehpets » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:43 pm

mode in my eyes wrote:I went to 15 shows and never had a problem getting tickets, so I'm not really sure why you weren't able to find tickets. There are lots of resources...venue websites, ticketing agencies (such as Ticketmaster), ticket brokers, ebay, lots of people on this message board were selling tickets...if there's a will, there's always a way.

No. Seriously? No. Why should they give tickets to people just because they travel by bus?

We decided on making the trip a little too close to the show. Hence, the problem getting tickets. The ticket touts on eBay were too pricey by that point.

I'm not suggesting free tickets - just face value would be nice! DM should consider something like a "season ticket" for the next tour... it would certainly make following them on tour easier.
---
Steve
t.nehpets

Postby Olympic » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:21 pm

t.nehpets wrote:DM should consider something like a "season ticket" for the next tour... it would certainly make following them on tour easier.
---
Steve

Season ticket like in football ? Nice suggestion, I'll definetely need one!!
"Solid State Recital"
Olympic
DMMB Veteran

Postby jedimiller » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:23 pm

Next tour..I ain't having any tequila.
jedimiller

Postby strangekat » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:58 pm

jedimiller wrote:Next tour..I ain't having any tequila.

Why? so you don't kiss fat chicks again? hee hee

I'd better start saving now for the next round.
strangekat

Postby dmmdj2006 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:41 am

strangekat wrote:Why? so you don't kiss fat chicks again? hee hee

I'd better start saving now for the next round.

Aw, no fat chicks for Jedi... Yeah, if there's another tour, nothing, and I mean nothing... not tornadoes, blizzards, high winds, rain, flooding, illness, stress, job, or family will keep me from seeing them as many times as my bank account and credit card will allow. I will buy the over priced merchandise, meet as many fellow boarders as I can and travel any distance in my little Cavalier to see my favorite band and I will love every minute of it!!!!!!!!!
Words are very unnecessary...they can only do harm...
dmmdj2006

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)