They Think Its All Over, It Is Now!!!

Talk about tours here.

They Think Its All Over, It Is Now!!!

Postby babcock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:20 pm

Now that PTA is all over i was kind of hoping to see a statement from the band saying thanks to the fans for there support and making it probably the most successful DM tour ever.I know they are exhausted and just want a holiday but a bit of feedback from them would be nice as im sure come next month when the new merchandise comes out DVD/REMASTERS they will be banking on our support and loyalty once again
babcock

Postby Knightwolf » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Not sure I am understanding your post. Are you mad at them because they didnt say thank you for going to our shows and buying our stuff? They said thanks at the end of each concert.
If you feel that way then dont buy anything they put out. Nobody forces you to attend a show or buy their cds and to expect a thank you for doing that is a bit much I think. Not sure what you expect.
Knightwolf

Postby Daytrippera » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:13 pm

I don't need them to thanks the fans for our support.

If I go to see them on tour or buy their CD's, merchandise, etc etc it's simply because I want to and I'm pretty much addicted to it right now.
Daytrippera
DMMB Survivor

Postby babcock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:33 pm

They say good evening,goodnight and thank you at every gig its a token gesture but i just think that when they have something to sell they have something to say.I buy everything they put out on the first day Thats my choice and im not complainining but i just feel its a one way thing at times.
babcock

Postby miniMODE » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:36 am

ok... why would you want a statement with a thank you??
kind of odd.....
I don't care if your going nowhere, just take good care of the world.....
miniMODE

Location: Los Angeles, Hello My name is Tumara, and I'm a DEPECHE-aholic.....

Postby miniMODE » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:39 am

make this my officail statement to the band~

thank you for the many long hours you put into everything, thanks for touring all over the country & giving up your family for such a long time, so that we may enjoy you for a couple of hours.
THANK YOU DM!
I don't care if your going nowhere, just take good care of the world.....
miniMODE

Location: Los Angeles, Hello My name is Tumara, and I'm a DEPECHE-aholic.....

Postby babcock » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:07 am

You lot just dont get it you have made these guys millionaires a few times over and we should be grateful that they turn up in our cities for 2 hours evey 5 years.Im just asking for a bit of feedback from them on there official site apart from the xmas message.
babcock

Postby Alzbeta » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:18 am

babcock wrote:You lot just dont get it you have made these guys millionaires a few times over and we should be grateful that they turn up in our cities for 2 hours evey 5 years.Im just asking for a bit of feedback from them on there official site apart from the xmas message.

Wow. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd think the band giving up their lives for a year at a time to drag-ass all over the world, get jetlagged, assaulted by rabid fans, torn apart by nitpicking amateur critics (oh, I'm sorry... "fans"), and generally worn down by the grind of a life on the road and constantly in the public eye, would be enough of a thank-you.

Feedback. Geez. The Christmas deal is more than most bands do, especially bands of DM's magnitude.
It's my duty... I'm a missionary.
Useless drivel now on LJ & MySpace!
Alzbeta

Postby ttg24v » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:46 am

miniMODE wrote:ok... why would you want a statement with a thank you??
kind of odd.....

I dont have any issue with this topic, but I can understand where babcock is coming from. Some sort of an official thank you would be a nice detail for some of the fans (customers). It shows a sense of finality to the current tour. Where would you suppose they do this though? How could you possibly reach everyone?

AND
I also see the other side as the fans are thanked at the beginning, middle and end of every single show. I hear more thank you's and down to earth humilty from DM than from any other artist I have seen or heard. After a long tour, first things first. I'de be thinking about nothing for a week or two and then maybe looking into some finer details and other business I had to tend to a little later, such as the topic at hand,

And what about other types of millionaires? You wont hear George Clooney or any movie star ever thanking you. And what about business executives, not much thank you from them usually ever at the consumer level. Id say just remember that DM show more appreciation than most + you are exchanging your money for a service that you desire, not making a charitable donation. This is a choice, as was stated...

I see mutual appreciation. We get really good music and enjoyment for a small pile of money and they get many many many many small piles of money for their art. So I can see how another thank you would make some sense, but I dont think its at all necessary. My sensibilities tell me its almost rude to ask.

On a final and metaphorical note: Imagine two people in a room saying thank you to each other continually for literally 36+ hours straight, know what I mean?
ttg24v
DMMB Survivor

Postby jedimiller » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:05 am

I'm just thankful DM is still making great music..and that god is behind them.
jedimiller

Next

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)