Anybody upset about Goodnight Lovers not closing the show now?

Talk about tours here.

Postby indre » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:26 pm

I was really upset not hearing it live. "Goodnight Lovers" is my fave from Exciter, so you can understand my disappointment. I really loved NLMDA, but during it I couldn't help myself thinking "It could have been GL now..."
Innocence creates my hell
indre

Postby Bix » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:29 pm

I was at the Dec. 7 NYC show, and I think that NLMDA would've worked better than GL as the closer and was glad to see it changed up for the open air leg. It really felt like the emotional peak of the show.
Bix
DMMB Veteran

Postby arkei » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:23 pm

I saw the Dallas show, and GL was played. I would have much rather gotten to hear one of the other songs they added back in for the open air shows, instead of GL. Open air shows got to hear Stripped, In Your Room, and Photographic. Any one of those would be better IMO than GL.
arkei

Postby The Great Outdoors! » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:45 pm

Although I am not a big fan of Exciter, it was a nice surprise for me to hear this song. It will never be my favourite, but the way they did it was great! I would rather have surprises like these than ETS or NLMDA for the zillionth time, even though I really like them.
The Great Outdoors!

Postby Faith » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:55 pm

I got to experience both endings but I can't choose which song is best to end with as both work just as well for me, they are both emotionally powerful ways to end the show. I love the intimacy Goodnight Lovers creates between Dave, Martin and the audience and I love Flying High with DM and the Crowd with NLMDA. Both songs get me to where I want to be put it that way!!

:icon_wink
I should have known from my first breath.
Faith

Previous

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)