Anybody upset about Goodnight Lovers not closing the show now?

Talk about tours here.

Postby nertiacrep » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:53 pm

I really enjoyed Goodnight Lovers for the two shows I saw but I can see it getting tired after a while. I'd love to have the show end with Everything Counts like they used to.
nertiacrep

Postby MEGATom » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:34 am

Maybe it's just because I've grown quite tired of NLMDA, but I really enjoyed the Goodnight Lovers closing.
MEGATom

Postby pimpf1973 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:11 am

I was disappointed, I was right in the middle at the end of the catwalk, and I think it would have been so amazing to see Dave and Martin singing together in front of me, but I can understand how they had to shorten the show, besides ending the concert with NLMDA is the way it should be.
pimpf1973
DMMB Survivor

Postby miniMODE » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:45 am

I wouldn't say I'm upset, but I did prefer it
I don't care if your going nowhere, just take good care of the world.....
miniMODE

Location: Los Angeles, Hello My name is Tumara, and I'm a DEPECHE-aholic.....

Postby DMfanTX » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:01 am

I really dug Good Night Lovers as a closer.. considering only the chemistry between Dave and Martin... but it is NO WAY to end a show... who wants to leave a show at 60 BPM? (I flew 6000 miles to catch the show, so I should know)

NLMDA should end all shows... no arguements, no doubt, no questions. If you disagree, you are simply wrong, and I will forgive you for being stupid, just this once.

NLMDA is the one and only anthem of DM and again, if you disagree, you are wrong.

The band regreted playing Everything Counts in Pasadena as the last song, just watch 101 and you should draw the same conclusion. (if I ever met Martin, Dave, Fletch, or Alan face to face.. that would be the first thing out of my mouth, you shoulda ended with NLMDA in Pasadena....)

Devotional DVD should have been re-edited to put NLMDA again at the end of the set-list (as should TTA DVD)
DMfanTX

Postby depman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:08 am

MEGATom wrote:Maybe it's just because I've grown quite tired of NLMDA, but I really enjoyed the Goodnight Lovers closing.

I think that maybe had a lot to do with it.
Anyway my arms are tired by the end with all that dancing and trying to raise them to the left and right.:)

I would prefer JCGE personally at the end
PJ could be good too.

The first leg was better
Pain and then JTR second in the set list was much better too imo
DM Veteran.
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!!
COYS
depman

Postby The_Moog » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:18 am

I'd rather the concert didnt end with anything.. and just kept on going!:p
The_Moog

Postby dmgirljules » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:30 am

I (well me and Sis, (MrsGore) was at the Birmingham uk gig and thought Goodnight Lovers was an amazing track to finish with, it didn't matter to me that it was a slow song, I left on such a HIGH. I was a bit dissapointed when the set lists changed to NLMDA. I thought it was great to see Dave and Martin finish the concert together in such a different way. We were lucky enought to win tickets for Hyde Park and also went to Dublin the next day so had the opportunity to see the NLMDA ending. I obviously enjoyed both, tough choice but I think NLMDA just had the edge.
dmgirljules

Postby Xanthia » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:54 pm

They could close a show with "if your happy and you know it" and I wouldn't care.
"You are gay, aren't you?"
-MLG
Xanthia

Postby WayneUK » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:17 am

I am not a lover of Goodnight Lovers, but live, it worked so well in arenas and closed stadiums. Certainly made a nice change and overall, it really worked well.

I am glad they decided to do something different for the Summer legs of teh tour, however, I would have preferred to see NLMDA close the main set wth Personal Jesus being the show stopper.
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

PreviousNext

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)