LiveHereNow CD's - Post your reviews here (III)

Talk about tours here.

Postby lady mode » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:30 pm

The reason why i have sent a e-mail to mute about not receiving the cd , is the address on the order form is the same as mute, london address.
lady mode

Postby Duds » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:37 pm

lady mode wrote:The reason why i have sent a e-mail to mute about not receiving the cd , is the address on the order form is the same as mute, london address.

I see, sorry my mistake then.

I hope you get yours very soon.
Duds

Postby dmgirlsessions » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Donc wrote:I LHN SUCKS!

really??? I hadn´t noticed it... :mad: :mad:

I sent to them 9 mails because i want my money back, and guess what??? i haven´t received a replay!!!! :mad: :mad:
dmgirlsessions
DMMB Survivor

Postby devoted2dave » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:39 am

Well, I've written a few emails this week to LHN because I had preordered the Tel Aviv show and obviously will not be getting that recording. I gave them my order # and told them I just want to choose another show. They haven't gotten back to me yet. I'll wait until tomorrow and send a third one I guess.
Please don't speak...You'll only lie...
devoted2dave
DMMB Survivor

Postby DressedInBlack » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:56 am

My Review of the Toronto Disc:

Love having a recording of that concert since the audience was insane. There is a very very obvious echo especially during NLMDA where you hear the echo of Dave's voice. There is a huge echo during WIMS too.... Stripped too... It is way too echoey. But I guess that is what you expect.

APTIUT... There is a point where Dave stopped singing and it was just Martin but there is no way the voice at the end is just Martin's or is his voice unaltered because it sounds like a chicks voice at 3:15 in the song... It is really weird... I just remember it completely different.

That said. When I heard the recording my heart just fluttered and I went insane.
Home... OMG My mom and I melted... Hearing it again made me cry. I am not kidding. Home came on and I just was tearing up. It sounds a bit different then I remember it.
HIGHLIGHT: STRIPPED! And I am not a Stripped fan, but after that night I understood why people loved it so much. Amazing hearing it live. I think it was Dave's best vocal performance of the night and the song that got everyone pumped and insane.

I have realized listening to it that there are a whole pile of really annoying keyboard noises beeps and squeaks...

I don't think it is the best mastered disc because of the echos and what not. But I love it never the less.
DressedInBlack

Postby Pat Grant » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:03 am

Violator Celebrator wrote:Just finished listening to my TTA live CD from the Dublin gig. The sound quality is amazing and the memories have come flooding back! :D

:cool:

Tonight was the first time I got the chance to listen to the cds in their entirety but...
WELL SAID, VC! For some reason, maybe 'cos I'm a pessemist, I was expecting the sound quality to be not so good. But was I wrong! I've never been so glad I treated myself to a home theatre system last Christmas. Ok, the cds aren't mastered (if that's the right expression) in surround sound but my front/centre speakers and subwoofer have got a serious workout & have done justice to the gig. All that's missing is someone in a luminous bib with a discount shop flashlight telling me to sit down & not have fun! ;) :D

Highlights: Dave saying "Good evening Dublin" (shivers again; a phrase I thought I'd NEVER hear); "Home" & me appreciating more than ever just what a genius Martin is; "John The Revelator": absolutely class, Dave, and one of about 5 songs I see in a totally different light since that night. "Leave In Silence" (see "Home" comment), the main reason I wanted the discs. The crowd noise came out very well I thought which is as important as the music in live recordings. What I was really happy with was the comments to the audience/banter with each other, it came out really well. I don't remember Dave thanking Mart for LIS & saying "beautiful as usual". Very cool & nail on the head. (Maybe it's cos I was shouting my head off at the time though).

Complaints: ..... errr.... I'll get back to you on that one... maybe. :)

One thing though. During WIME when Dave said "Ladies & gentlemen... the one & only... Mr. Andrew Fletcher". For some reason I thought Dave took a bit longer to annouce that, building up the anticipation in the crowd. The cheer Fletch got* on the cd suggests maybe not, perhaps someone here has a better memory than I do. :o I think there's a strong possibility I may treat myself to recordings of another gig or two from TTA. As I was typing this I was listening to "Personal Jesus" from the gig, oh my God how cool was that? Another line from Dave I'd forgotten: "Dublin we can't hear you!" And Mart's guitar work... legend.

* I've listened to it countless times already & it brings a smile to my face every time.
Pat Grant

MY LAST "REVIEW" :(

Postby dmgirlsessions » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:17 pm

Finally, today I received a mail from LHN (well, it was from 7 digital) and they refunded my order.

I´m a little bit happy because i don´t feel anymore that they steal me , but i´m a little bit sad because I really want those cds.

Anyway, enjoy your cds for me :(
dmgirlsessions
DMMB Survivor

Postby ZeroTolerance » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:50 pm

Finally got my Werchter CD !

I was starting to get worried after all the negative things I've read here about LHN

So far I'm impressed by the quality :)
ZeroTolerance

Postby Violator Celebrator » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:39 pm

[quote="Pat Grant"]:cool:

Highlights: Dave saying "Good evening Dublin" (shivers again]

I agree with you on all counts. ;) The first time I listened to the CD I almost cried during 'Home', whereas during the show I did actually feel a tear coming from my eye! :o I also loved the part where Dave said that Martin was 'the man with the wings' :D

Just amazing! :D
REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH!!!!!!!!!!
Violator Celebrator

Previous

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)