LiveHereNow CD's - Post your reviews here (III)

Talk about tours here.

Postby MA$ » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:14 am

MJO wrote:Mine arrived today as well.
Actually it arrived yesterday considering that it is past midnight here.

It arrived in fairly good condition, the cover has a few scratches, the cd and cover wasn't damaged.

The CD's are top notch, the sound quality is far better than expected.
And it is like being there all over again... :D

BTW My envelope was stamped in Brussels Airport, Belgium.

Yes, and we like what we hear.

Wondering about the photos in the cover. Are they specifically from that show or generic photes picked for all the sleeves?
With every thought and with every breath...
MA$

Postby Lucabeer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Grrrr.... the double CD that I had ordered (Shoreline) still hasn't arrived after MORE than a month... I emailed the guys at LiveHereNow three times suggesting that it might have got lost in the mail, but they keep saying "it has been shipped, please be patient, it will certainly arrive". Any other online CD retailer would have already sent another copy for free... If when I will be back from holidays it still won't be here, I guess I will have to do a chargeback with my credit card company... Damn, I really wanted to enjoy those CDs this summer!
Lucabeer
DMMB Veteran

Postby Nomen_Luni » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:51 pm

I was beginning to be concerned over the length of time it has taken for me to receive the UK Wireless Festival show but it appears most of you have been waiting a long time for yours too! I can only assume there is a massive backlog of orders for them to get through. I haven't even received a dispatch e-mail yet and its been a month!
Nomen_Luni

Postby dmgirlsessions » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:25 pm

Lucabeer wrote:Grrrr.... the double CD that I had ordered (Shoreline) still hasn't arrived after MORE than a month... I emailed the guys at LiveHereNow three times suggesting that it might have got lost in the mail, but they keep saying "it has been shipped, please be patient, it will certainly arrive". Any other online CD retailer would have already sent another copy for free... If when I will be back from holidays it still won't be here, I guess I will have to do a chargeback with my credit card company... Damn, I really wanted to enjoy those CDs this summer!

how can we ask for a chargeback??? :confused: i´ve been waiting for my cds more than 2 months :(
dmgirlsessions
DMMB Survivor

Postby MJO » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:58 pm

MA$ wrote:Yes, and we like what we hear.

Wondering about the photos in the cover. Are they specifically from that show or generic photes picked for all the sleeves?

It has to be generic photos.

I am saying this because he kept all/most of his clothes on in Aarhus.
And in the sleeve he is umm.... Stripped (I just had to say that :rolleyes: )
MJO

Postby abspara » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:51 am

Lucabeer wrote:Grrrr.... the double CD that I had ordered (Shoreline) still hasn't arrived after MORE than a month... I emailed the guys at LiveHereNow three times suggesting that it might have got lost in the mail, but they keep saying "it has been shipped, please be patient, it will certainly arrive". Any other online CD retailer would have already sent another copy for free... If when I will be back from holidays it still won't be here, I guess I will have to do a chargeback with my credit card company... Damn, I really wanted to enjoy those CDs this summer!

Oddly enough, Ive not recieved my Shoreline CD either but I have recieved the other 11 that I ordered. For some reason, within the period of 3 days, the 11 CD's arrived, but the 12th, the shoreline gig, has not yet. I've emails Liveherenow several times, and have yet to recieve a response.
abspara
sort of read the F.A.Q.

live in bucharest

Postby alexrows » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:02 am

i recieved my lhn cd 2 days ago. the concert is great, excellent sound quality. the only problem is the playlist, which is from the wireless festival in london.
alexrows
DMMB Veteran

Postby arkei » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:48 am

Well, I've grabbed three. My thoughts are this

1. Shoreline: Performance wise this is the best of the three. The guys are REALLY on and Dave's voice sounded just like old times. The downside to this one is that the setlist is too short, and there's an amp-buzz sounding feedback hum that runs all the way through the last half of Home and the first half of In Your Room.

2. Mexico: Best setlist of the three, but Dave's singing is off-key throughout the first several songs, and there's a mastering problem where all the tracks on Disc Two are at about half the volume level of Disc 1. There is an amusing moment or two during the encores where the keyboards crash during Leave in Silence, and Martin has to sing the song A Capella. Then Dave tries to tell the crowd to talk amongst themselves for a few minutes and "smoke a joint" or something, when the crowd breaks into an impromptu rendition of "Happy Birthday" for Dave. It's a great moment.

3. Holmdel NJ: The overall best of the three. The performance isn't quite as strong as the other two, but it's got roughly the same setlist as Mexico (Just Can't Get Enough, Sinner in Me, Leave in Silence), no major technical glitches, and good energy. The problem is that Dave's voice was pretty well shot to hell during it, and it sounds as though they went into a studio and overdubbed his vocal parts over the vocals recorded at the show that night, cause I'd swear there are two distinctly different Daves singing during several songs.
arkei

Postby Wyzdom » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:28 pm

I'm wondering who did bought the Stockholm and Rome show?
Wyzdom

Postby Violator Celebrator » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:38 pm

Just finished listening to my TTA live CD from the Dublin gig. The sound quality is amazing and the memories have come flooding back! :D
REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH!!!!!!!!!!
Violator Celebrator

PreviousNext

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)