Live Here Now - Hyde Park

Talk about tours here.

Postby reachoutandtouchdave » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:04 pm

The posty dropped mine in today. I have spent the day in the car, my ears are whistling from having it all a bit to loud. Great day. Roll on the DVD...
Try walking in my shoes...
reachoutandtouchdave

Postby Disco Squirrels » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:24 pm

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Got my confirmation email at the beginning of the week....and now its the end of the week and no sign of my CD...and everyone else in the UK seems to have theirs...*sob*....and the other LHN cds I'd bought from this tour (yes, already have 2...I'm so greedy!) arrived the next day after the email.

...hope some thieving-gypsy-essex-chavs haven't stolen it from my doorstep while I was at work.....
Here I Believe, Dreams Never Deceive
Disco Squirrels

Postby Disco Squirrels » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:18 pm

Disco Squirrels wrote::confused: :confused: :confused:

Got my confirmation email at the beginning of the week....and now its the end of the week and no sign of my CD...and everyone else in the UK seems to have theirs...*sob*....and the other LHN cds I'd bought from this tour (yes, already have 2...I'm so greedy!) arrived the next day after the email.

...hope some thieving-gypsy-essex-chavs haven't stolen it from my doorstep while I was at work.....

:o HUGE online-embarrassment-moment!! I go downstairs to make a drink (I think its one of those nights!!) after posting my thing above.......and have a little tidy-up of the pile of junk mail that my other half has 'kindly' left in a heap on the coffee table...and what do I find hidden underneath...? YES! It is my Live Here Now Wireless Festival CD!! Hurray!!....very happy now....but the boyfriend will be 'for it' when I see him later!!

Also - apologies to the thieving-gypsy-essex-chavs of Southend whom I have erroneously maligned and slandered this evening!:rolleyes:
Here I Believe, Dreams Never Deceive
Disco Squirrels

Postby seagull69 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:55 pm

Got mine today :)
I give in to sin
Because you have to make this life livable
seagull69
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby lady mode » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:09 pm

I still have not received my cd from london festival, i sent a cheque for £20 with the order form which was sent so me by post, on 19/06/2006, but nothing so far and the cheque has not been cashed. I sent a e-mail to mute on 03/08/2006 as the address on the order form, is the london mute address, but so far no reply. I'am getting worried has my order got lost in the post or is there a big back log, i just wish mute would come back with some reply.
lady mode

Postby nathalie » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:46 pm

Great reviews so far,looking forward to getting mine.
@ Disco Squirrels: LOL:D
@ everyone who's posted their emotional reviews...bless yer cottons!:)
nathalie
DMMB Survivor

Postby The Violator » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:33 pm

Got mine last week. Slightly disappointed by it, but then it was never going to be as good as being there. Dave's voice (and this isn't a criticism, I know it's been a looooooong tour) sounds pretty wrecked early on.

And this may be heresy, but Personal Jesus and Enjoy The Silence don't sound that great. On the positive side, Walking In My Shoes, Photographic, Behind The Wheel and I Feel You are stunners.

Overall, though, I'm glad to have a momento of what was a thrilling day.
The Violator
DMMB Veteran

Postby aapierre » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:02 pm

don't know whether to buy it or not
Still Surviving :eek:
aapierre
DMMB Survivor

Postby BricksofShame » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:47 pm

got it Thursday last week. Its a good live CD I guess. A documentation of the event really.

Mind you, insert your CD and visit recordingtheangel.com for all that extra content..... Ha!
BricksofShame

Postby Duds » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:01 pm

The Violator wrote:Dave's voice (and this isn't a criticism, I know it's been a looooooong tour) sounds pretty wrecked early on.

I have to agree there, during Question of Time he sounds like a Karaoke Pub singer.

Again, no criticism here. Very long tour and none of us are getting any younger.

There is a thread someplace about lip sync. I am sure I speak for many more when I say it doesn't matter if Dave looses his voice, there are thousands of us who are too busy singing along to notice. And lets face it, Daves on stage presence has always been so much more than vocal.
Duds

PreviousNext

Return to Past Tours Forum (archive only)