Will we ever say legendary Dave Gahan and Knox Chandler band?

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Will we ever say legendary Dave Gahan and Knox Chandler band?

Postby thepechy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:54 am

[font=Times New Roman]Advertisements for DM 2001 tour included phases like "legendary depeche mode is back," "legendary cult band depeche mode is in paris tonight for a show at bercy" etc.

As we all know Dave with help from Knox composed lyrics for PM. Knox also gave a musical direction to Dave's lyrics by making demos. Multi-instrumental efforts of Knox gave a rock sound that Dave desired.

We all know that:
*Dave is the greatest frontman ever.
*Dave's lyrics will improve.
*Knox will make a musical evolution.
*They will hire even better producers.
*Dave will continue his solo career.
*DM fans will always support DM members.
*Dave's simple lyrics are very simple and understandable. That will make him attractive to non-DM community.
*Rock music will live forever.

What about a phase: "LEGENDARY DAVE GAHAN'S BAND IS GOING TO ROCK PARIS TONIGHT"[/font]
thepechy

Postby Sancttuary » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:54 am

No and not because he's not good, I love him, but because of his age. I dont think his solo career will be that long.
Sancttuary

For anyone who cares........

Postby Shred » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:47 pm

Knox is working on his own solo album. So far the stuff I've heard him do sounds alot more like King Crimson and nothing at all like the bands he's played with on tour (if you like DM I don't know if you'll find yourself drawn to his sonic, somewhat psychedelic sound). His website is at:

www.knoxchandler.com
Shred
DMMB Veteran

I’m caring!

Postby Glitter » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:35 pm

Shred wrote:Knox is working on his own solo album. So far the stuff I've heard him do sounds alot more like King Crimson and nothing at all like the bands he's played with on tour (if you like DM I don't know if you'll find yourself drawn to his sonic, somewhat psychedelic sound). His website is at:

www.knoxchandler.com

Hello Shred:)!
It’s great to hear those news about Knox and thanks a lot for the link:)!

P.S. If you’re interesting in another PM band member – Victor Indrizzo – welcome to my site:
http://pamolen.narod.ru/Victor_and_GS.html
Glitter

Nope..

Postby ~*M@ri@nne*~ » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:53 am

I don't think so. He's attached to DM forever. He will always be remembered as: "former Depeche Mode frontman" or "Legendary Depeche Mode frontman Dave Gahan"... or something like that. Is impossible to think in Dave Gahan as a legend and omit DM. I mean, Paul McCartney will always be a "beatle", and he's a legend.
~*M@ri@nne*~

Postby thepechy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:49 am

Knox will tour worldwide to make a higher recognition. It is good idea. It will promote an interest to PM2 as well. Their recognition will be higher than ever and it is one more step to "legendary DG and KC band." I don't think Dave is too old. He still has a chance to become a legend.
thepechy

Postby JaveDMode » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:01 pm

thepechy wrote:He still has a chance to become a legend.

He already is.
Trust no one.

Fight the future.
JaveDMode

Location: A cold black room, shadowed by a veil of gloom... Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

Postby Shred » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:41 pm

The Cat wrote:Knox doing King Crimson? OMG. Like '70s King Crimson, I hope, not like latest Fripp.

Interesting!

well i only know what i heard at his solo performances here this past summer

poor knox, he gets such flak, if he ever took one look at the empty world 3 forum I think he'd want to kill himself :icon_roll
Shred
DMMB Veteran

Next

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters