DAVE on new DM Album

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Postby TURBO » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:13 pm

DAVE WITH DEPECHE!!!! :icon_smil
TURBO

Postby Ilse101 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:01 pm

TURBO wrote:DAVE WITH DEPECHE!!!! :icon_smil

I second that :)
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby serene23 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:41 am

Christie wrote:yes! violator... but i also loved black celebration.. :icon_wink

Exciter got pretty great reviews actually. At least here in the states.
serene23
DMMB Survivor

Postby fulya » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:22 pm

i cant understand why so many people are dissing Exciter. i mean its an awesome album, even my favorite dm song is in it (Shine). i was listening to it right after the time i read Jack London's "The Call of the Wild" and it surprized me that i found similarities between the concept of Exciter and that. i mean thats the sort of impression i got, one of the stuff that was running through my mind, because i agree with dave that it is a spooky album.
fulya

Postby Christie » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:16 pm

i haven't heard exciter yet.. i haven't found it here in the philippines, although i did find pm...
Christie

Postby Christie » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:18 pm

like i've said, haven't heard exciter, but i don't rely too much on reviews and especially # of sales... if i did, i'd be a fan of the simpson sisters and not dm.. :icon_redf
Christie

Postby Ilse101 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:35 pm

Christie wrote:i haven't heard exciter yet.. i haven't found it here in the philippines, although i did find pm...

OMG, you deprived child.
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

You keep giving me all these things

Postby freestatechic » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:45 am

I think i'll stay awhile.

I think the answer is simple. It's Dave. He isn't Depeche Mode or solo artist. When he is on stage he is Dave Gahan and would still be amazing if he was singing the ABC song. No mater what the new album brings he will still be able to make it his own.
freestatechic

Postby premonition » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:38 am

freestatechic wrote:I think i'll stay awhile.

I think the answer is simple. It's Dave. He isn't Depeche Mode or solo artist. When he is on stage he is Dave Gahan and would still be amazing if he was singing the ABC song. No mater what the new album brings he will still be able to make it his own.

Thats a very interesting point and one I hadnt thought of before. Up until PM, im sure Dave thought of himself as lead singer of DM. But now he sees himself as Dave Gahan who will sing for Martin and Depeche Mode. We all know that they dont have a record contract and that they just make records independently so the reality of DM is very different from other bands. In my opinion Martin is Depeche Mode. If they do all go there seperate ways after this next album, I would like Martin to continue using the name Depeche Mode even if Fletch also leaves and Martin is solo. I doubt he would though.
I also find it strange that people diss Exciter. Though as a whole not there best album, it still contained some of there best material (Dream On, I Am You) and compared to the rest of the music scene in 2001 it was creative, imaginative and should have won lots of awards.
I respect them for always trying something new and not being NOSTALGIC and hope they do so again cos thats the only way to go if you want to be a ledgend.
So much pleasure that it must be sin
premonition

PreviousNext

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters