DAVE on new DM Album

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Postby acinommoni » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:42 am

I'm a DM fan and so I'm so happy that Dave Martin and Fletch will start work toghether!!!
I can wait a new solo album more than a DM album!!!
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby Ilse101 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:58 am

Christie wrote:WAIT, ARE YA TALKIN ABOUT HERE OR THERE? :icon_eek:

Over there. We should stop here before we get banned...or so I was informed by vegetendo :(
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby Christie » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:08 pm

DM wrote:Strengthening or weakening? Neither...it's business.

Depeche Mode as a whole means so much more to us older fans than having Dave, Martin or Fletch alone. Solo projects are nice additions to the sometimes-huge gaps between DM albums, but that's just about it. Solo career? I don't think the term exists. Depeche Mode is Dave, Martin and Fletch and until this stops to exist there is no solo career, only solo projects.

I find hard to believe that older Mode fans will feel somehow disappointed that the band is going to the studio to create another album. So I think that threads that move in the same direction such as this one or the 'Why Dave Why?' etc. come from young fans that I think Depeche Mode doesn't mean much to them. Sorry to hear that you feel disappointed. Don't forget about how it all started...they (band) don't seem to forget.

i couldn't have said it better... i'm fine with their solo stuff, but depeche mode has to have all 3 to work...
Christie

Postby serene23 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:17 am

Dave with Depeche all the way.
serene23
DMMB Survivor

Postby RobW » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:56 pm

To be honest i think PM shits all over Exciter and if their new album starts to sound like the last one then i hope they pack it in.

I know this sounds harsh but its how i feel. I'm 34 and have been into them since i saw them singing JCGE on a pop show here in the UK back in 81.I have been to the gigs and bought the cds etc etc etc but i truely dont want another Exciter, i think it would kill their career stone dead.Here in Britain it only got to No9 compared with No1 for Ultra so it appears their career is on a downward slide.I'd rather they bow out gracefully instead of making a shit album and having to endure all the bad reviews it may bring.

We need another Violator.
RobW

Postby Christie » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:44 pm

RobW wrote:To be honest i think PM shits all over Exciter and if their new album starts to sound like the last one then i hope they pack it in.

I know this sounds harsh but its how i feel. I'm 34 and have been into them since i saw them singing JCGE on a pop show here in the UK back in 81.I have been to the gigs and bought the cds etc etc etc but i truely dont want another Exciter, i think it would kill their career stone dead.Here in Britain it only got to No9 compared with No1 for Ultra so it appears their career is on a downward slide.I'd rather they bow out gracefully instead of making a shit album and having to endure all the bad reviews it may bring.

We need another Violator.

yes! violator... but i also loved black celebration.. :icon_wink
Christie

Postby DreamingOfDave » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:59 am

"DM (heaven is in front of me)" I like what you have to say...very well put.
DreamingOfDave

PreviousNext

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters