DAVE on new DM Album

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

DAVE on new DM Album

Postby DreamingOfDave » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:32 am

A general question, because I have mixed emotions.
Do you think Dave is strengthening or weakening his solo career (past and future) by recording another DM album?

I'm curious to find out if Dave fans are now more interested in him alone or with DM.
I was so thrilled to have "pure" Dave on PM- musically, personally, and lyrically......and I was just waiting for more.
DreamingOfDave

Paper Monster Dave vs. Depeche Mode Dave

Postby JstCntGtEnghDM » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:48 am

Well, as much as I like Dave and his solo album I like Dave of Depeche Mode better. Dave's lyrics and album are awesome, but I prefer Dave singing Martin's lyrics. Martin's lyrics and Dave's voice suit each other very well. But I'd be supportive, merchandise wise since that's the only way I can be, of anything Dave or Depeche Mode do!
JstCntGtEnghDM

Postby Christie » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:53 am

JstCntGtEnghDM wrote:Well, as much as I like Dave and his solo album I like Dave of Depeche Mode better. Dave's lyrics and album are awesome, but I prefer Dave singing Martin's lyrics. Martin's lyrics and Dave's voice suit each other very well. But I'd be supportive, merchandise wise since that's the only way I can be, of anything Dave or Depeche Mode do!

DITTO. I LOVE DAVE BOTH SOLO AND DM. BUT SINCE I'VE PRACTICALLY GROWN UP WITH DM, I'M JUST PLAIN USED TO THEM. I'M THRILLED DAVE WENT SOLO, BUT TO ME, IF DAVE WERE TO LEAVE DM, IT WOULD BE LIKE SAYING GOODBYE TO MY YOUTH. EVERY SONG THEY'VE SANG HAS AN EQUIVALENT MEMORABLE EVENT TO ME.

AT THE SAME TIME, I'M GLAD DAVE IS BRANCHING OUT TO NEW, AND MAYBE BETTER, THINGS. I'M SURE IT'S BEEN INCREDIBLY HARD FOR HIM TO HAVE WRITTEN HIS OWN STUFF, ONLY TO NEVER SING IT. TO ME, HE'S HAD TO PUT UP WITH A TYPE OF ARTISTIC PLATEAU SINCE ALL HE CAN DO WITH DM IS SING MARTIN'S SONGS. NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG, DAVE'S SOULTRY VOICE SINGING MARTIN'S UNDER-APPRECIATED LYRICS IS THE CLOSEST THING TO PERFECTION. BUT TO GROW AS AN ARTIST, ONE MUST BRANCH OUT AS WELL, WHICH I'M GLAD TO SAY DAVE IS FINALLY DOING.

(I BELIEVE I WENT OFF TOPIC... SORRY ABOUT THAT...) :icon_bigg
Christie

Postby modette78 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:24 am

I'm a Depeche Mode fan primarily. And as Dave said in the 101 dvd interview, DM is a big part of his life.
I think he's just put his solo career 'on hold' for the new DM album, and I'd expect to see another solo album after that.
modette78

Postby Christie » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:24 am

@ilse- depechemode.tv; NOW!
Christie

Postby Ilse101 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:26 am

modette78 wrote:I'm a Depeche Mode fan primarily. And as Dave said in the 101 dvd interview, DM is a big part of his life.
I think he's just put his solo career 'on hold' for the new DM album, and I'd expect to see another solo album after that.

Yes, I feel the same way. I love PM and think that Dave is actually a great writer but I am primarily a DM fan. I am happy that the band will start working together again with a new album. If Dave, Martin, or Andy want to start on a solo project once the DM album and tour is over I'd be more than happy to attend their gigs and support them. But for now, I'm so freakin' happy, YAY! A new DM album!!!! Wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo! :p
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby Ilse101 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:28 am

Christie wrote:[font=Fixedsys]@ilse- depechemode.tv]

Haha, I love the [Officially] shtuff. :D
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby Christie » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:34 am

Ilse101 wrote:Haha, I love the [Officially] shtuff. :D

OK, BUT IF YA WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO PUT UP BEFORE, JUST GO THERE. I'M GONNA TRY TO START MY OWN THREAD ABOUT THAT... :icon_wink
Christie

Postby Ilse101 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:35 am

Christie wrote:OK, BUT IF YA WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO PUT UP BEFORE, JUST GO THERE. I'M GONNA TRY TO START MY OWN THREAD ABOUT THAT... :icon_wink

Awesome, I was just gonna do that right now but I'll leave it up to you ;)
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby Christie » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:37 am

[quote="Ilse101"]Awesome, I was just gonna do that right now but I'll leave it up to you ]
WAIT, ARE YA TALKIN ABOUT HERE OR THERE? :icon_eek:
Christie

Next

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters