Marilyn Manson Ruins PJ

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

mm

Postby KamilaGahannova » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:25 pm

Manson always comes up with good covers but PJ is the worst so far. He didn't change much, actually nothing at all and it's kinda empty..without Davie's voice..
User avatar
KamilaGahannova
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:00 am
Location: CZ-IRL-ES

Postby imjustanangel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:40 pm

KamilaGahannova wrote:Manson always comes up with good covers but PJ is the worst so far. He didn't change much, actually nothing at all and it's kinda empty..without Davie's voice..
i agree.
i've liked mm's version of tainted love but pj did not satisfy me. maybe that's because i love dm and dm version of dm songs. ( such a meaningful sentence, dm,dm,dm):p
imjustanangel
 

Postby Ilse101 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:36 am

[quote="TURBO"]No, MY state is Cali, always will be. Lived in L.A. all of my life, except these last 3 years. :icon_frow But I catch your drift...:icon_wink @ Dingerz, I think I agree with you. Though I'm usually not fond of many DM covers, if I had to compare MM's PJ to Smashing Pumpkins NLMDA, I think I prefer MM's cover. I like Smashing Pumpkins, but Billy Corigan's voice kills that cover in my opinion. It's just such an awesome song, and his voice does not do it justice AT ALL. Then again, after Dave's voice, NO ONE could really do it justice. It's perfect in it's original form. ]

Ah! Same with me. I've lived in Los Angeles since I was born (the past 17 and something years) and just moved to Providence, RI for college. What a change (I'm freezing)
@ Dingerz, thanks for the info. :D
Ilse101
DMMB Elder
 
Posts: 3722
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: LA, CA

Postby Nuala » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:02 am

should that thread not being in the DM related??
anyway..I don't understand why everybody is so complaining about everyhting what DM's is doing the last time or related to them like covers or something..
sometimes I just get the feeling I am reading a forum of pre-pubere teenagers who yells and complaints about everyhting and nothing..for nothing...are you DM fans or not??

Btw MM covers is excellent dark ,glamourous and Rock ,the perfect DM song to cover for MM!! (and I am not a MM fan!!I have only one cd and it is Personanl jesus :-)

did see the full video yet just some samples
DM 2013-2014 Nice, Berlin, Paris, Nimes, Prague, London, Amsterdam, Vienna
Nuala
DMMB Survivor
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Amsterdam in my secret garden

Postby Ilse101 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:04 am

Nuala wrote:should that thread not being in the DM related??
anyway..I don't understand why everybody is so complaining about everyhting what DM's is doing the last time or related to them like covers or something..
sometimes I just get the feeling I am reading a forum of pre-pubere teenagers who yells and complaints about everyhting and nothing..for nothing...are you DM fans or not??

Btw MM covers is excellent dark ,glamourous and Rock ,the perfect DM song to cover for MM!! (and I am not a MM fan!!I have only one cd and it is Personanl jesus :-)

did see the full video yet just some samples


haha Ilse101<~~~ Is a teenager who yells and complaints at everything. But in this case I'm not the one doing that. I totally agree with you on the MM comment.
Ilse101
DMMB Elder
 
Posts: 3722
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: LA, CA

Postby Nuala » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:08 am

Ilse101 wrote:haha Ilse101<~~~ Is a teenager who yells and complaints at everything. But in this case I'm not the one doing that. I totally agree with you on the MM comment.


Indeed ..what do they want?? Britney spears to cover DM??

ur a teen??how old?? I am 33 (almost) I have been a DM fan since 1984 and I do love 99% of their work.They are the sexiest sweetest and smartest band ever :-*

but i m off topic now :-)

MM personal jesus 's cover just roxxxxx He was on the Dutch tv 2 weeks ago and pple jumped all over the place ,this might become MM biggest hit so far :-D
DM 2013-2014 Nice, Berlin, Paris, Nimes, Prague, London, Amsterdam, Vienna
Nuala
DMMB Survivor
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Amsterdam in my secret garden

Postby Ilse101 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:11 am

I'm on my late teens I guess. I'm 17 but will turn 18 in two weeks ;)
Ilse101
DMMB Elder
 
Posts: 3722
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: LA, CA

Postby Nuala » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:17 am

[quote="Ilse101"]I'm on my late teens I guess. I'm 17 but will turn 18 in two weeks ]


wow I am feeling old..;-)lol
I am completly disconnected of the musical & teens world since a little while...
my unique follow up in the pop/rock world are DM and Bjork
the rest sucks ;-)I don't see any band since 1995/96 where I think I might buy their record...
the lastest producer i have discovered is Mirwais
DM 2013-2014 Nice, Berlin, Paris, Nimes, Prague, London, Amsterdam, Vienna
Nuala
DMMB Survivor
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Amsterdam in my secret garden

Postby Ilse101 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:24 am

[quote="Nuala"]wow I am feeling old..]
Well trust me you're not missing much. Most of the new stuff really sucks. You're not old at all. I think you have a good age (33) around the age Jesus died (LOL, sorry I just think that's a kewl age) Ok I should go now...another day without sleep :D
Ilse101
DMMB Elder
 
Posts: 3722
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: LA, CA

Postby Nuala » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:30 am

Ilse101 wrote:Well trust me you're not missing much. Most of the new stuff really sucks. You're not old at all. I think you have a good age (33) around the age Jesus died (LOL, sorry I just think that's a kewl age) Ok I should go now...another day without sleep :D


lol!!!I think ur kind of religious rebel..It is a oke ;-)
yep it s time for me to have kids , we are working on it ;-) they be the next generation of DM fans.lol i have already convert my BF to DM devotion (he buy everyting lol)

about the new "music" that's why i thought and someone from ur age confirmed the impression ..so i am not getting old that's cool..

Which part of the US are you
we might come in NYC in December
I have a strong obsession with NYC and the US and be4 Dave *& Martin moved in there
DM 2013-2014 Nice, Berlin, Paris, Nimes, Prague, London, Amsterdam, Vienna
Nuala
DMMB Survivor
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Amsterdam in my secret garden

PreviousNext

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest