Marilyn Manson Ruins PJ

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Marilyn Manson Ruins PJ

Postby mode_royal » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:11 pm

I can't believe that Radio 1 are playing the Marilyn Manson PJ cover when it is sooooooooo AWFUL - HE HAS RUINED IT, yet they never play any DM or Dave.

It is really annoying.

Don't you think?
mode_royal

Postby Sancttuary » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:08 pm

I do find it highly annoying that radio does not play Dave or DM except for People Are People once in a blue moon and that they will play a DM song by someone else. On the other hand how many Dave fans or DM fans are burning up radio phone lines requesting them? The more something is requested the more they might take notice and start playing them. Thank goodness for this sight!!!:D
Sancttuary

Postby gahan_fiend » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:15 pm

PJ by MM is awful!!!! How could he expect to sing it after Dave Gahan!!! I mean no one can sing as good as him!!!!!

About the radio thing...it sucks Dave/DM dont get alot of air play...but Dave did score to top 40 hits on the world chart so I mean the singles sold pretty good and that is good.
gahan_fiend

Postby halo2148 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:16 am

i can't stand manson, i think he is so untalented. i feel that's why he has to portray himself as such a freak. he did ruin pj in my opinion.
halo2148
DMMB Survivor

Agree

Postby ~*M@ri@nne*~ » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:07 am

Yeah, it's annoying, I agree, and the song and the video are everywhere, but I think is normal, I mean, Marilyn Manson is all about the drama and controversy,a lot of publicity, that's what he is and that's why so much people follow him. Who is Marilyn Manson without all the image and the scandalous performances? without a controversial video.... He is nobody. Depeche Mode doesn't have to do that, I mean, all the weird publicity and that stuff.. it's all about the music with them..great music and good videos. But nowadays, I feel that music is not that important for radio stations or record labels...or MTV... look all that shitty artist out there :icon_frow It's a shame.
~*M@ri@nne*~

Postby TURBO » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:16 am

~*M@ri@nne*~ wrote:But nowadays, I feel that music is not that important for radio stations or record labels...or MTV... look all that shitty artist out there :icon_frow It's a shame.

yes! if depeche is good enough for all these different people to cover their songs, they are sure as hell worthy to be played on the air! the flip side to that coin is that one of the cool things about depeche is how UN-commercialized they are, in my opinion. well, i know that we cant have it both ways. if i had to choose, i would vote for them to be played more on the air-a refreshing change from what music is, or has already, become. :icon_roll what sucks is that when young kids or people who are not familiar w/ depeche hear these cover songs, im sure until they are more informed, they probably think that these dm songs were created by the people covering them. oh well, it is good and bad, in my opinion. i just want dm to get the recognition they deserve, bottom line-without being misunderstood or misrepresented! :icon_mad:
TURBO

Postby Ilse101 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:40 am

I liked it. I think I've already said this many times though.
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Postby miniMODE » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:02 am

It's not soooo bad. At least I get to hear the Dj say that was marilyn manson covering PERSONAL JESUS by DEPECHE MODE...
I don't care if your going nowhere, just take good care of the world.....
miniMODE

Location: Los Angeles, Hello My name is Tumara, and I'm a DEPECHE-aholic.....

Postby modette78 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:26 am

I haven't bothered to hear the cover or post on the DM related thread about it...don't usually like hearing covers of songs from bands I like and MM's unimpressive to me - although I did like Beautiful People when it was popular...:icon_roll
modette78

Postby DavinaHU » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:56 pm

mode_royal wrote:I can't believe that Radio 1 are playing the Marilyn Manson PJ cover when it is sooooooooo AWFUL - HE HAS RUINED IT, yet they never play any DM or Dave.

It is really annoying.

Don't you think?

I think ,what Radio 1 does with playing MM's version is highly 'unacceptable',after Radio 1 commentedly avoids itself from playing DM tunes!
Is it the beginning of the end at R1,in case of 'sane playlist programming'?:D

:eek: Weird!:eek:

Radio 1,oh what a weeeeeiird radio!!:D

Yo,R1,after that ,PLAY SOME DEPECHE ANYWAY!!!!!:cool:
DavinaHU

Next

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters