to the Dave Gahan fans...wat kinda fan are you?

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Postby roxy0323 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:59 am

I love Dave in DM and I adored Paper Monsters. It was great to see him finally realize a dream of his own. I want him and them to do what they want to because that's the only way we'll get the very best out of them. Preferably though, I'd like to see DM stay in tact and have them do solo projects as well. I'm so big a fan, I could be fascinated watching Dave eat popcorn!
roxy0323

Postby AlyssaJoy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:46 am

Personally, I love Dave ANYWAY, but I do love Depeche Mode as a whole too. After all, its what I have been used to (being a fan since 85).
AlyssaJoy

Postby mlogan@banksfirm.com » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:12 pm

I've never heard a more hauntingly beautiful voice. Therefore, I'll take Dave anyway I can get him. :icon_smil
mlogan@banksfirm.com

Postby TURBO » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:53 am

mlogan@banksfirm.com wrote:I've never heard a more hauntingly beautiful voice. Therefore, I'll take Dave anyway I can get him. :icon_smil

I'll DEFINITELY second that! :icon_bigg
TURBO

Postby modette78 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:09 am

Deary me...:icon_roll I thought I'd answered this thread!

First and foremost, I'm a DM fan. But one of the main reasons I love their sound is b/c of Dave's voice - it's soothing and releaxes me.
Therefore I'm bound to like his solo stuff.

However, I REALLY love the combination of Martin's lyrics, the DM-sounding music and Dave's voice combined...I'd love it even more if Alan's imput was still there...Its just hit me, am I answering the question?!? :D

What kind of Dave fan am I ??? - A fanatical one I think!
modette78

Postby ~*M@ri@nne*~ » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:33 am

I like both Daves. And I love Depeche Mode, he is incredible with Depeche Mode, so spectacular, but I will follow him even if he decides to leave DM...... My God! that sounds horrible :icon_eek: ....... Please don't do it Dave...please....please
~*M@ri@nne*~

Postby JstCntGtEnghDM » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:00 am

Like Marianne, I like both Daves. The solo Dave is cool, but I have to admit his lyrics aren't as good as Martin's.:icon_frow With Depeche mode, I think that he has more passion in his voice. His solo voice is more "lulluby-ish", and I mean that in a good way. Wait I think I like DM Dave a little bit more than solo Dave. But I support Dave on whatever he decides to do.
JstCntGtEnghDM

Postby thepechy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:59 am

At the moment SOLO !!!
thepechy

Postby lildeuce32 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:22 am

I've been a DM fan for about 20 years and I still like Dave with DM. However, I am glad that he has decided to branch out and explore other possibilities and grow.
lildeuce32

Postby Christie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:29 am

I've loved DM for over 20 years now, and I enjoy both David Gahan with DM and solo. They're two totally different things, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't absolutely ADORE Paper Monsters. Especially "Stay." Damn great song. Like I've said before, I love David Gahan in anything and everything he does...
Christie

PreviousNext

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters